Home    Fan Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Toy Lines  Hop To Forums  MOTU Classics    Figure roll out update is coming
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Figure roll out update is coming
 Login/Join

Collector Supreme
Picture of Toyguru
posted
Hey folks,

Their have been a few emails flying back and forth from customer service and shipping centers regarding everything from Demo-Man to Photog to the entire 2012 MOTUC line. Let me try and clear the air and end any rumors. ;-)

Bottom line is after the issues we had with the full quota of Demo Man not arriving in time for the Dec sale, we decided to hold off on any sale until the full quota of any item arrives at Digital River. Earlier today we found out some of the product originally intended for the Jan. sale has not arrived in full.

Rather then sell a figure that will be on "backorder" until the full quota arrives, we will simply move that figure to the next sale date (i.e from Jan to Feb).

Subscribers and day of customers will still get all the 2012 figures, we just want to be sure the full quotas is available to sell. If it means a 30 day delay, that is a much better option to going through what we just dealt with on Demo Man!

We are currently confirming with logistics on which figures (if any) will be available for the Jan sale. Any fig who does not arrive in full (i.e if like Demo Man we only receive part of the quota) we will simply move that figure to the next month's sale.

I can tell you for sure their will be quite a few changes in the next 6 months. A few figures are missing their avail date (by sometimes only a few days), but this is enough to push them to the next month to ensure we have the full quota for subscribers first and day-of customers second.

We should be back on track by July, but please be prepared for a revised avail roll out for the next 6 months. A full update will be posted on Facebook in the next 24-48 hours. And again, we should be back on track by mid 2012.

I totally get this is frusterating. As a collector myself, of course we all want the figures as soon as possible. Realistically, we are only talking about a 30 day delay form the original on sale date for some 2012 figures. All of the figures will ship, they just may be in the next month's sale if the full quota does not arrive in time.

Sorry for any confusion and look for a full update ASAP. I'll monitor this thread for the rest of the afternoon if their are any other issues I can clarify!

Scott

Posts: 8548 | Location: El Segundo | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Omega-He-Man
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the information, Scott!!

The Most Powerful Toy Line In The Universe

Posts: 1291 | Location: Open Despondos Gate In Los Angeles, California | Registered: January 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Comedian
posted Hide Post
It stinks but it's life,I am just happy that they are still coming.

Thanks for giving us the update and being forward with us.

I look forward to the new revised list.

Does this mean that in july we would have 2 figures to be caught up,if sorceress slips this month?

Posts: 4183 | Location: BUFFALO,NY | Registered: February 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Collector Supreme
Picture of Toyguru
posted Hide Post
If Sorceress slips to Feb we will ship her and Fisto in Feb. We want to catch up as quick as possible. Still waiting to hear back from our Distribution Center on who has arrived in full for Jan! Everyone is coming.

We are also being very mindful to spread out figures as much as possible. Ideally we don't want one month with 1 figure and the next with 5. We are trying to avoid this while at the same time getting figures to you as quick as possible. Their will 100% be quite a few changes in figure release until July, likley no more then 30 days per item. By July we should be back on track.

Posts: 8548 | Location: El Segundo | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Omega-He-Man
posted Hide Post
I have a question scott!!??
The People who receive DEMO-MAN, they saying they are receiving a new mailer box, and that is smaller than the original, can you update us on that!!?
And the reason for the change? Thanks again!!

The Most Powerful Toy Line In The Universe

Posts: 1291 | Location: Open Despondos Gate In Los Angeles, California | Registered: January 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Leaf_the_Nymph
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update!

Posts: 675 | Location: So-Cal ~out in the desert~ | Registered: February 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of NipTuckJohnny
posted Hide Post
This is my first year having purchased a sub and I must say I'm extremely dissappointed. I totally get that things change and there's stuff that simply out of your control. But look at it from the consumer perspective.

I've purchased 2 subs. I now have the potential to get hit with over 200 dollars in charges that were unplanned.

That's 2X Star Sisters =120.00 + Fisto X2 (40.00) + possibly sorceress X2 (40.00) + Photog (20.00).

I was under the impression that the reason the quarterly figures were institutded was for the purposes of swapping them in, in the event that a regular monthly figure was delayed. Is that not a possability in January if Sorceress is not recieved at the distribution center?

Posts: 125 | Location: Hackensack, New Jersey | Registered: February 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Jeyimlusface
posted Hide Post
Thank you so Much for the updates, ToyGuru!

Of course it is a bummer to hear that scheduling/availability of figures has hit a snag, but it is SO GOOD to hear about it in a timely manner, and "straight from the horse's mouth", if You'll pardon the expression. [^)

We KNOW how AWESOME the figures are gonna be once we've got them, Thanks again for doing Your best to keep us "in the loop" as to when that will be.

Take Care!

"Listen Closely--This Is The TRUTH, No Mere Myth!"

Posts: 1446 | Registered: February 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of dronein7g
posted Hide Post
Ummmmm so you are saying Fisto Sorceress and the Star Sisters in the same month? Thats 100$ are we at least going to see free shipping or something special for us sub holders since we are waiting so patiently? I think since this is not our fault we should see some sort of free item or shipping or something that is better then a sticker sheet or DCUC coupon.

Check out my YouTube channel for MOTUC reviews and much more! www.youtube.com/82mossman

Posts: 199 | Location: va | Registered: February 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Collector Supreme
Picture of Toyguru
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Omega-He-Man:
I have a question scott!!??
The People who receive DEMO-MAN, they saying they are receiving a new mailer box, and that is smaller than the original, can you update us on that!!?
And the reason for the change? Thanks again!!

This was a cost reduction. The cost of figures continues to rise dramatically. In order to maintain quality for the figures, we had to slightly reduce the thickness of the white mailers going forward. A much better option vs. eliminating accessories or paint ops on the figures!

Matty Member
Picture of Uki
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Scooter. It's frustrating, but I think most of us understand.

Jungle Attack He-Man for MOTUC!

Posts: 457 | Location: The Woodlands, Texas | Registered: February 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Collector Supreme
Picture of Toyguru
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NipTuckJohnny:
This is my first year having purchased a sub and I must say I'm extremely dissappointed. I totally get that things change and there's stuff that simply out of your control. But look at it from the consumer perspective.

I've purchased 2 subs. I now have the potential to get hit with over 200 dollars in charges that were unplanned.

That's 2X Star Sisters =120.00 + Fisto X2 (40.00) + possibly sorceress X2 (40.00) + Photog (20.00).

I was under the impression that the reason the quarterly figures were institutded was for the purposes of swapping them in, in the event that a regular monthly figure was delayed. Is that not a possability in January if Sorceress is not recieved at the distribution center?

Now that the quarterly figures are part of the sub, this is no longer the case. We will ship figures as soon as they arrive in full. Their will not be any less or any more figures in 2012 then orignally announced so the total cost is the same. It is just the avail date that may change. We must wait until the full quota arrives before we sell a figure. This will 100% mean several figures in the first 6 month will move to the next month's sale. We should be back on track by July and caught up with all planned releases from Jan - July.

Collector Supreme
Picture of Toyguru
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dronein7g:
Ummmmm so you are saying Fisto Sorceress and the Star Sisters in the same month? Thats 100$ are we at least going to see free shipping or something special for us sub holders since we are waiting so patiently? I think since this is not our fault we should see some sort of free item or shipping or something that is better then a sticker sheet or DCUC coupon.

We are doing everything we can to spread figures out exactly because of this. We know customers are sensistive on the number of skus per month and our goal is to have no more then 3 new figures/sets each month. Due to shipping and logistical issues, this may not always work. Some months may have less, some more. But that is the goal when it is possible. We are well aware of this and do work towward it when we can!

Matty Member
Picture of bigsexy_j
posted Hide Post
Scott;

I understand that stuff happens with the shipping. But when you push many figures back, and ship them together and not separately people out of the USA get extra charges added to their orders like custom fees.

Because of errors on your/mattels part I end up paying 20+ extra per package I receive because of these delays. It may be frustrating for you but that extra money that I am losing out on because of your delays and inability to ship figures monthly as agreed upon when the subs were first purchased.

Is there anything being done to help in these situations?

J

Posts: 123 | Registered: February 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Rodimus Knight
posted Hide Post
So can you comment as to what actually caused the delay in shipping?

I foresee February being and extremely painful month. Like passing a kidney stone painful.

Posts: 1190 | Registered: April 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post