Home    Fan Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Toy Lines  Hop To Forums  MOTU Classics    Vote for the Color of Man-E-Faces
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 15

Closed Poll Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Vote for the Color of Man-E-Faces
 Login/Join

The Real Matty
Picture of Matty
posted
Hey He-Fans,

So we all know that collectors want more input into the MOTUC line and we have a great way for you to have your say! Our upcoming Man-E-Faces figure has a bit of a deco dilemma. The original cross-sell image of the toy on the back of the package showed Man-E-Faces with flesh-toned skin with blue armor. But the original toy didn't match this and shipped with orange skin, which most fans have interpreted over the years as an orange skintight suit (much like Man-At-Arms wears a green skintight suit).

We checked with some of the original Mattel designers and indeed the orange color on the vintage figure was intended to be flesh-toned, but back in the day our partners in China had a hard time matching the tone and he came out orange!

Most fans have memories of him having an orange suit (or orange skin), especially when you consider his human face was flesh-toned! And even more so, later figures of Man-E-Faces (such as the 2002 figure) were done with purposeful orange skin/suit, so there is a lot of precedent for this color as well.

So here is the deal… we're going to let you vote! We'll run a poll for the next five days. You can vote for the original cross-sell colors (flesh-toned skin), the original toy colors (orange skin/orange skintight suit) or go for the half-and-half version we painted up for Toy Fair. We did this half-and-half version on purpose so we can simply notch the color up or down a bit depending on the way fans vote without having to do a new paint master.

Let us know what you want to see! It doesn't mean we won't do the other version one day down the road, but for this initial release we want you to vote on the final deco! (There is no guarantee we will get to a second version, so please keep that in mind when you vote.)

Can't wait to see how you vote!

Question:
What color scheme would you like to see on the upcoming Man-E Faces figure?

Choices:
Original cross-sell colors (flesh-toned skin)
Original toy colors (orange colored jump suit)
Half and half deco as presented at Toy Fair

--Matty

Posts: 1139 | Location: El Segundo, CA | Registered: February 02, 2010Report This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Super-Phil
posted Hide Post
A little help.

@ danielsan52: Your wish is my command. Wink
Here is your pic to possibly give a better representation:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Super-Phil,

"A female He-Man. Ooh oh. This is the worst day of my life."

Posts: 25 | Location: Hanover, Germany | Registered: February 01, 2010Report This Post
Matty Member
Picture of paulioscorchio
posted Hide Post
I've voted half and half, I like the NYTF figure. HOWEVER I would like the accents on Man-E-Faces such as the tubes and shoulders to be closer to the original toy, that is more of a PINKISH RED not purple. Please change this.

The Key! Get the Key!

Posts: 600 | Location: Manchester, England | Registered: March 15, 2010Report This Post
Matty Member
Picture of JokerFC
posted Hide Post
original for me.

Posts: 1726 | Location: County Wicklow Ireland!! | Registered: February 05, 2010Report This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Hades
posted Hide Post
Half and half is the best !

Everything but not a flashy color like the 200x action figure.

Posts: 261 | Location: Brussels - BELGIUM | Registered: April 21, 2010Report This Post
Matty Member
Picture of princess adora of nj
posted Hide Post
NYTF version looks great!

For a peace and love in our universe- MotU and POP together !

For the Honor and Power of Grayskull!
Support the Great Rebellion Toy Collector Club

Follow my show...Toys and Toons at http://blip.tv/toys-and-toons

and listen to the Council of the FIrst Ones podcast at http://itunes.apple.com/us/pod...rst-ones/id497211337

Posts: 1187 | Location: Cystal Castle, Etheria | Registered: July 31, 2010Report This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Adam
posted Hide Post
I picked the half and half, I really like the look that was presented at NYTF.

---------{SIGNATURE}----------
[Mijet on Org]
Fan of MOTUC, DCUC and WWE Elite/Legends.

Posts: 29 | Location: Ohio | Registered: February 01, 2010Report This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Nefud
posted Hide Post
NYTF = PERFECT

Posts: 540 | Location: Spain | Registered: February 09, 2010Report This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Cringer
posted Hide Post
I voted half and half from Toy Fair. As soon as I saw the Toy fair picture of the Man E faces Figure, I just said "Yes Please".

The figure shown at TF Was excellent. I want it just like that.

Posts: 2009 | Registered: February 15, 2010Report This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Optimus_Skywalker
posted Hide Post
Toy Fair color scheme for me :-)

Matty Member
posted Hide Post
Half and half is actually pretty cool.

Posts: 111 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: August 15, 2010Report This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Count Marzo
posted Hide Post
I went with the color scheme presented at NYTF. Looks great the way it is!

Posts: 271 | Location: Planet Eronia | Registered: February 06, 2010Report This Post
Matty Member
posted Hide Post
Half and half. This should please everyone. And the flesh color version is way too "bondage" for me.

Matty Member
Picture of AnnnaMot
posted Hide Post
50 - 50 would be best

Posts: 7 | Location: LA | Registered: February 01, 2010Report This Post
Matty Member
posted Hide Post
They're thinking about putting Man-E-Faces out in flesh color instead of classic orange!?

Wait. Nooooooooooo!!!!
Why???!!!!!!!!!
I've been waiting so long for this figure!!!!!

Save the flesh colored one for a 2-pack later!

Go original toy first!

C'mon!!!!!

(and I agree: pink tubes please. like the original!!!!)

I'm a thirty-seven year old man. I'm here for the nostalgia.