Home    Fan Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Toy Lines  Hop To Forums  MOTU Classics    I was incorrect on the deco on Netossa's cape
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I was incorrect on the deco on Netossa's cape
 Login/Join

Collector Supreme
posted
MOTU fans,

I went back to design today and asked about the fans who have inquired over the "black spot" on Netossa's cape on her back. It turns out I was wrong and this is an intentional deco. It is a black overspray used to add shading to the cape. It is hand applied and on some figs it may be more spread out, on others it may be more concentrated (and hence looks like a dot). But to be clear, this is a deliberate deco. It is part of the shading of her cape and not an error. I updated my answer on the ask Matty thread

Sorry for any confusion!

TG

Posts: 8763 | Location: El Segundo | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
posted Hide Post
Ok sure.

Posts: 100 | Location: London, England | Registered: December 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of slackrguy
posted Hide Post
Whoa! Thanks for the Mattycollector forum love outside of the Ask Matty section, Scott!

It is really nice you're posting in the sections here.

Sounds reasonable enough about the spot. If spread out it would be general shading. Regardless, I prefer her cape on her back and her facing forward so it is no biggie for me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: slackrguy,

Posts: 335 | Registered: January 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Waspinator
posted Hide Post
Thanks Scott!

http://www.toyhypeusa.com/

My MOTUC 2014-2016 Wishlist:

Uncle Montork, 200X King Hsss, Snake Armor He-Man, Sssqueeze, Butthead, Blast-Attak, Multi-Bot, Dragstor, Hoove, Lizorr, Sagitar, Tuskador, Tung Lasher, 200X King Randor, 200X Roboto, Gwildor, Multi Bot, Rotar, Rio Blast, Saurod and others.

Posts: 1535 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Jedi_Kunle
posted Hide Post
Good to know, Thanks for finding out for sure

==========================
Prince Dakon, Melaktha, Storm and Clawdeen in 2015

Posts: 4195 | Location: Detroit, MI | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Uki
posted Hide Post
And if we get a "dot," then it's where her cape blocked a blaster bolt...! Wink

Jungle Attack He-Man for MOTUC!

Posts: 458 | Location: The Woodlands, Texas | Registered: February 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Crusher
posted Hide Post
I thought that was the issue...

Thanks for keeping us informed Scott. Wink

quote:
Originally posted by Uki:
And if we get a "dot," then it's where her cape blocked a blaster bolt...! Wink

This works for me! Big Grin

"Razz or we Riot"

Posts: 105 | Location: NY | Registered: May 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of cobz1976
posted Hide Post
Welcome Back Scott.

***** I Support All: POP, N.A, 200x, Mini Comics, Obscure, Concept & Filmation Characters in MOTUC. Bring it Mattel.*****

Posts: 1083 | Location: The Milky Way Galaxy. Planet Earth. Australia. | Registered: February 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Mark15
posted Hide Post
So the design team screws up again. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

First it was Frosta's colors and now it's Netossa's cape.

Posts: 1147 | Location: chicago area | Registered: February 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Motu portugal
posted Hide Post
Its no big deal in my opinion and to be fair its great from Scott's part to come up to us and be honest like this!

Its just a darker spot... maybe not perfect but, at least for me, its not a big deal at all

Posts: 2342 | Location: Portugal | Registered: September 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Brian Ozone
posted Hide Post
Me thinks it silly and a huge mistake. They just don't have anymore mermans or stratos,s to give out.

-----------------

Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moon light?

To the egotistical boneheads at the ORG, bit me. Your no where what you used to be nor will ever be as good again.

Come join a website where you can have an opinion and not have to kiss the admin or former admins *** and the lackeys called mods....
80sMasters.com/

Posts: 309 | Location: NYC | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Agent 86
posted Hide Post
I appreciate the update, although I still don't understand the reasoning behind the "design" choice.

The black spot is in a position which is hidden by Netossa's hair when the cape is worn as a cape, but it's far too "obvious" as a "black spot" when the cape is used as an accessory/weapon. So ... what is the point of the black spot?

I would understand if there was a general application of "shading" across the entire cape and one or two simply had more "shading" in a particular spot. But the cape otherwise appears to lack any significant shading, other than a black spot in the same position on most (if not all) capes.

Anyway, my Netossa will be wearing the cape as a cape, so it's not a major issue for me. It's just confusing. Netossa gets an odd paint application on her back, yet Frosta's back is unpainted?

Posts: 473 | Registered: February 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
posted Hide Post
It's just the most recent in a long chain of bad decisions by Mattel. It certainly won't be the last.

Posts: 1786 | Location: SoCal | Registered: July 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of RocketPunch
posted Hide Post
It doesn't bother me, since I won't be using that plastic cape anyway. It's too small and rigid to double as her net weapon, so i'll be replacing it with my custom-made fabric cape as soon as she arrives.

Posts: 358 | Location: UK | Registered: February 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of BrandontheMattyCollector
posted Hide Post
Can anybody post a quick pic of the black spot please? My Netossa hasn't arrived yet.

---------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Remember: Looks are deceiving, everything We know may not be true, We are only beginning to learn." - I

Posts: 5759 | Location: Somewhere in the USA on Planet Earth  | Registered: May 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post