Home    Fan Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Toy Lines  Hop To Forums  DCU Infinite Heroes™    Man of Steel Toys: new toys
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Man of Steel Toys: new toys
 Login/Join

Matty Member
Picture of monitorep
posted
WellI have spent the better part of today looking at the Man of Steel movie figures and I must say that these are going to be another shelf clogger. Why does Mattel keep making the same stupid 3 3/4" figures and do not offer anything but the main hero.

Batman The Dark Knight Rises is still on the shelfs at both the Retail and discout stores. Plenty of Batman and one bad guy. Unless you get the Target exculse to get Catwoman. The IF lineup didn't sell well anyways and the movie figures are worse. So for the new movie that may tie into the JLA movie we get the same sorry figures that will sit on shelfs. At least I will not have to waste money on these. Mattel when are you going to learn your lesson on these.

Man of Steel figures

Posts: 268 | Registered: April 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of cpm72586
posted Hide Post
Well these seem like they're marketed towards kids. I can't imagine many adult collectors wanting to add these to their collections. Will Mattel be doing a movie masters line?

Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

Posts: 416 | Registered: February 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of monitorep
posted Hide Post
As far as I know there will be Superman Movie Masters

Matty Member
Picture of LordMudd
posted Hide Post
I see 3 figures. Looks like Superman red, Superman blue, and a bad guy who from the chest emblem I would assume is Jax-Ur. I could add him to my DCIH. Hope they do Jor-El, Lara, and Mala. Lois would be nice but I won't hold my breath. They won't even do Alfred.

CCC.

Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

Posts: 168 | Location: Pasadena, TX | Registered: April 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of cpm72586
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LordMudd:
I see 3 figures. Looks like Superman red, Superman blue, and a bad guy who from the chest emblem I would assume is Jax-Ur. I could add him to my DCIH. Hope they do Jor-El, Lara, and Mala. Lois would be nice but I won't hold my breath. They won't even do Alfred.

CCC.

Pretty sure that's Zod. Also, I don't think Mala is in the movie. Faora is, though. As for Alfred, I thought they did do an Alfred figure? I don't think it means anything for Lois either way, but I thought they did an Alfred for TDKR.

Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

Matty Member
Picture of LordMudd
posted Hide Post
I found the pic on another site calling it Zod. The chest emblem is deceptive. If it was Jax-Ur, then we could hope for a Mala.

The only Alfred figures I have ever seen in this scale have been customs. They may have done one in MM scale which I wouldn't know anything about because I don't even pay attention to those. The point is, they don't "waste" plastic on civilians.

CCC.

Posts: 168 | Location: Pasadena, TX | Registered: April 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of monitorep
posted Hide Post
This is Mattel. Do not expect females in there lineup. We only got Catwoman in a Multi-pack with plenty of Batmen. If we get Faora it would be in another Target multi-pack with Superman Red, Blue, Black and Zod.

Matty Member
Picture of cpm72586
posted Hide Post
These look much better....

Matty Member
Picture of monitorep
posted Hide Post
These are the Movie Masters.

Matty Member
Picture of Comedian
posted Hide Post
Off course those look great,but I will still get some of the 33/4 size.

Anyone know the street date for these figures?

Posts: 4267 | Location: BUFFALO,NY | Registered: February 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of LordMudd
posted Hide Post
These are out. There are a multitude of Supermans, at least 4 different Zods, and a 5 pack. There is a plain Zod with Goatee, a discount store Zod without Goatee, an armored Zod, and a light up Zod. The discount Zod is also in the 5 pack with 2 Superman, Jor-El, and another bad guy/giant about 5 inch tall, can't remember the name. The Jor-El is all white and does not look like the MM one.

I have seen at least 3 Banes. The only difference between them was paint color. At least the Zods are different.

CCC.

Matty Member
Picture of LordMudd
posted Hide Post
I got the Target box set with Superman in armor, Jor-El in armor, Superman no armor, Zod no armor and Namek. Namek is the unique figure in this line, and they didn't even hyphenate his name correctly. The armored figures share the same body and the unarmored figures share the same body, meaning they only did 2 sculpts + heads. Considering how little effort they put into this to get some great looking results, visually, how is it they managed to so totally, completely and incompetently tank the armored figure sculpts? THE HEADS DO NOT TURN, AT ALL! Otherwise, they LOOK great.

CCC.

Matty Member
Picture of LordMudd
posted Hide Post
I finally got the armored Zod and was looking at what else was there. There are 2 more armored Supermans, and 4 or 5 unarmored Supermans. The problem I have with this is in order to sell these like Mattel wants to, there would have to be multiple costume changes in the film, which would then be waaaaaay over budget. This idea of repainting the same figure with different costumes began with Batman, and it works for Batman, and Iron Man, but that is about it because each of them can reasonably have different suits for different conditions. Superman is not the suit, his power is him, and the suit he wears has no impact on his capabilities (with a few exceptions, none of which are represented here). As a result of the toy manufacturer executives intellectual inability to distinguish this difference, there will now be many Superman peg-warmers.

Critical fail on the Superman figures, but B- on the rest.

CCC.

Matty Member
Picture of LordMudd
posted Hide Post
Ok, 2 more pics. First is the 3 Zods.

Next are the 3 Armored characters.

I have to say from the pictures I am seeing that I like the MM Faora figure I am seeing, it is just too bad nobody at Mattel was intelligent enough to figure out to do this in the true action figure scale; 1/18.

CCC.

Matty Member
posted Hide Post
Hey guy btw Supes has worn many Superman costumes through out the years and some did make a difference. We see astronaut Supes in the animated series. Black (recovery suit) after he dies. Nineties brought forth Superman Red & Blue. Comic has also multple versions of the classic suit, ie First Appearance, Kingdom Come. Just saying Super can be rainbow colorful. And I've seen A mostly Red and a mostly Blue Superman in this movie line. IDK figures still suck but the intent if on purpose can still be there.

Posts: 91 | Registered: July 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post