Home    Fan Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Toy Lines  Hop To Forums  DCU Young Justice™    YJ Cancelled???
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

YJ Cancelled???
 Login/Join

Matty Member
Picture of monitorep
posted
Man I know this line had problems but cancel the lineup before you finish the Young Justice team members?!?

Know what will happen to the figures that we have seen images of get released.

Superman
Green Lantern
Artemis
Batman/Batgirl
Captain Marvel
Red Tornado
Robin (comic version)
Red Arrow
Black Manta
Mr Freeze

Posts: 266 | Registered: April 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Chase Variant
posted Hide Post
Honestly didn't care for the adults in 4" line, but I really want a 4" Artemis to complete the team. And possibly Zatanna and Red Arrow. I could live with a release at SDCC and/or MattyCollector.

I only work in black. And sometimes, very, very dark gray.

Posts: 4442 | Location: We can't stop here. This is Bat Country. | Registered: February 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of worldsfinest1
posted Hide Post
are you guys serious???

when did this happen???

Posts: 172 | Registered: February 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of PretenderNX01
posted Hide Post
Apparently it was an answer on the Ask Matty forums:

http://forums.mattycollector.c...1044647/m/5451090057
quote:
I made this answer on another post:

Unfortunately, as you've probably noticed at Target, Young Justice didn't work out well at retail and will be going away. We're disappointed, but that's how it can turn out. That doesn't mean you might not see more one day on Matty.

MJL

Here he clarifies it's both the 6 inch and 4 inch
http://forums.mattycollector.c...1044647/m/1741069057

-------------------------------------------
Tiger Rocket Cool Nerdy T-shirts

Posts: 565 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: February 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of PretenderNX01
posted Hide Post
I guess with figures being so expensive and the cartoon taking so long to come back, there just wasn't interest.

Hopefully in 2013 the line comes back. But man- those inch figures were so much more costly than other 4inchers are.

-------------------------------------------
Tiger Rocket Cool Nerdy T-shirts

Posts: 565 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: February 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of worldsfinest1
posted Hide Post
Noooo!!!

I blame CN for this fiasco. All CN has to do is lure the KIDS and they failed miserable with their incompetent scheduling. Pokemon plays almost every day....is it a coincidence that those Sell like hot cakes to kids under 13 years old??

Anyways, the kids really doesn't buy toys anymore like I said before.

People who buy these figures are over 18 years old who are collectors.

Kids who do buy these have parents who are collectors or fans of "supers" who introduces DC and comic books to their kids.

The rest of the kids are playing Video Games and/OR buying ANIME figures.

Mattel should know who their "TRUE" target audiences are.

Is anyone on these boards below 13 years old?? I don't think so.

So Artemis, Superman, GL, Red Tornado, and Shazam 4 inch done???

Or are they going to cancel it after they release those figures??

Confused

Posts: 172 | Registered: February 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of JonWes
posted Hide Post
I hope Wave 4 (as Doc Own reviewed) is still coming out as at least that'd eocomplete the team. Frowner What about the YJ Invasion toys? I hope we can at least get those on Matty. There were some cool toys there.

Posts: 155 | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
posted Hide Post
This has more to do with than just Cartoon Network, these figures are so inferior to Hasbro's and yet they cost $10???? The interest in these just isn't there when your competion makes figures that are so much superior it makes you wonder why they'd even release figures that are rivaled by ones made in the 80's?

Posts: 695 | Location: Muncie, IN | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Smallville
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by worldsfinest1:
Noooo!!!

I blame CN for this fiasco. All CN has to do is lure the KIDS and they failed miserable with their incompetent scheduling. Pokemon plays almost every day....is it a coincidence that those Sell like hot cakes to kids under 13 years old??

Kids who do buy these have parents who are collectors or fans of "supers" who introduces DC and comic books to their kids.

Confused

Look, My 14 year old cousin collects all the DC 6in figure made my Mattel and has since 2009, he IS part of this forum (I'm not going to tell you the username cause then he would get kicked off) and has about as many figures as I have. Don't talk like every kids doesn't have interest in these lines.

Posts: 2952 | Location: DC Universe | Registered: March 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Mistah J
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SMALLVILLE:
quote:
Originally posted by worldsfinest1:
Noooo!!!

Confused

Look, My 14 year old cousin collects all the DC 6in figure made my Mattel and has since 2009, he IS part of this forum (I'm not going to tell you the username cause then he would get kicked off) and has about as many figures as I have. Don't talk like every kids doesn't have interest in these lines.

Agreed. My son loves these toys; he's the one who introduced me to DCUC! I had no idea that there was a new toy line, until he came to me and begged me to take him to Target. Really, my son is a hardcore fan, almost as much as I am. He can recite the history of the Robins, Power Girl's origin, and most of the story of the Blackest Night. Too bad about Tiny Titans, though...

This reminds me of a joke about a clown car...

Posts: 461 | Location: Pandora's Box | Registered: February 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Smallville
posted Hide Post
Justice League Unlimited is what introduced him to DC Comics, He has loved it ever since. He has some JLU Figures, A lot of DCUC, Subscribed to CIE, a few 6in Young Justice, All of Batman Legacy, all he could find in Public Enemies and has 3 DCD Figures (I know that's not much but can you blame him xD) he IS a collector.

Posts: 2952 | Location: DC Universe | Registered: March 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Smallville
posted Hide Post
How old is your son Mister J? Mine loves them too but he just collects them with me. My son is 15. Collecting just as long as I have.

Matty Member
Picture of Dr. Watson G.B.
posted Hide Post
I have an Ask Matty question. Why do you hate us so much? I love this line. I actually love the Young Justice Line so much that I gave away my Justice League Unlimited figures to others who needed them because I had such high hopes for this line. Now it has been cancelled and we don't even have a full team yet. And let's not for get those of us who still haven't been able to finish building the Hall of Justice. How is any of that fair. And this anger does not include how furious I am at the Ghostbusters Sub being cancelled. And with that being said, Digital River, or what ever backwards company Mattel is using this week, refuses to give me a refund of all of my money. I got 50% of it back and as for the rest, I have called repeatedly and the people I have talked to all said that they would get it taken care of, but they never do. This has been an ongoing fight from day one. Mattel, how can you do things like this to loyal customers again and again, day in and day out. You have such a passionate fan base that we would follow you anywhere. But instead of being proud of having that kind of loyalty, you punish it. What happened Matty? Were you wronged by a big toy store when you were little? But now that you are older and bigger, it means you can make other people feel wronged and violated like you did? Well boo-hoo, take the money you refuse to refund some of us and pay for therapy. Then once you can learn to look yourself in the mirror, think about giving your clients what they deserve. I have never seen a toy company apologize nearly as often as Mattel. That sentience alone should say a lot. I know that this message will fall on deaf ears, and that's if Matty doesn't delete it first. I would love a letter of apology and Stealth Kid Flash, series 4, and the ones we have only seen pictures of shipped to my door at no charge, but the thing I would love most of all is I just hope at least one person listens and takes a stand. I'm done...

Posts: 71 | Registered: November 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Watson G.B.:
I have an Ask Matty question. Why do you hate us so much? I love this line. I actually love the Young Justice Line so much that I gave away my Justice League Unlimited figures to others who needed them because I had such high hopes for this line. Now it has been cancelled and we don't even have a full team yet. And let's not for get those of us who still haven't been able to finish building the Hall of Justice. How is any of that fair. And this anger does not include how furious I am at the Ghostbusters Sub being cancelled. And with that being said, Digital River, or what ever backwards company Mattel is using this week, refuses to give me a refund of all of my money. I got 50% of it back and as for the rest, I have called repeatedly and the people I have talked to all said that they would get it taken care of, but they never do. This has been an ongoing fight from day one. Mattel, how can you do things like this to loyal customers again and again, day in and day out. You have such a passionate fan base that we would follow you anywhere. But instead of being proud of having that kind of loyalty, you punish it. What happened Matty? Were you wronged by a big toy store when you were little? But now that you are older and bigger, it means you can make other people feel wronged and violated like you did? Well boo-hoo, take the money you refuse to refund some of us and pay for therapy. Then once you can learn to look yourself in the mirror, think about giving your clients what they deserve. I have never seen a toy company apologize nearly as often as Mattel. That sentience alone should say a lot. I know that this message will fall on deaf ears, and that's if Matty doesn't delete it first. I would love a letter of apology and Stealth Kid Flash, series 4, and the ones we have only seen pictures of shipped to my door at no charge, but the thing I would love most of all is I just hope at least one person listens and takes a stand. I'm done...

There is no hate, just the line failed miserably. It's as simple as that. When retailers drop your product because it isn't selling you can't keep making it without enough of it being sold to make it worth producing?

Posts: 695 | Location: Muncie, IN | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Bujindork
posted Hide Post
They were so tempting but the price was just too much. At $14.99 they would have flew off the shelves(but we all know this).

Posts: 378 | Location: USA | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post