Home    Fan Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Toy Lines  Hop To Forums  MOTU Classics    MOTUC Illumina (and her White Panther)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MOTUC Illumina (and her White Panther)
 Login/Join

Matty Member
Picture of Artistix
posted Hide Post
"Illuminia is available, but right now we are really looking at other females to get to in the line. We know how in demand females are!"

So really, she's available but since females are far & few she doesn't have much of a chance at the moment, which is understandable.

It's atleast good to know she is available.

Posts: 583 | Location: Australia | Registered: February 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Jeyimlusface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShroudedSkeleton:
Illumina looks enticing, She's top shelf. Big Grin Which MVC issue dose she appear in?

Illumina and her big cat didn't actually APPEAR in ANY of the MVC (or Image) Masters of The Universe Comics. That is, she didn't appear as a character featured in a story in one of these comics. The single published picture of her was the "Teaser" ad which appeared in Volume 3, Issue 4 of Masters Comics (Cover Dated June 2004), which features a fierce and battle-ready Teela on the cover. The Illumina ad featured the tagline: "New cats on the block..." and told us to "Get Ready for Issue 4 this July!"

However, the next month, Volume 3, Issue 4 was instead published with the Snake Men story that was plugged on the page following the Illumina ad, which was slated for Issue 5 initially. The Mattel licensors had put the kibosh on newly-created characters appearing in the He-Man Comics, effectively ending Illumina's career before it could begin!

"Listen Closely--This Is The TRUTH, No Mere Myth!"

Posts: 1447 | Registered: February 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of ShroudedSkeleton
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jeyimlusface Smiler I found a cover Image at MileHighComics.com, That's a shame that Illumina didn't get any more exposure. Hopefully there will be more MOTU comics in the future. How about it DC ? Illumina could be a great one shot issue.

Posts: 145 | Location: Castle Grayskull | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of TeelaFan
posted Hide Post
A little off topic but thats such a cool cover

"Go then, Masters of the Universe, and fight evil where ever you find it!" Spirit of Castle Grayskull.

Posts: 526 | Registered: February 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Castaspella.on.me
posted Hide Post
Now that Filmation rights and Photog are finally on board do we have any notion on Illumina's rights?

Posts: 69 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of BrandontheMattyCollector
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Artistix:
"Illuminia is available, but right now we are really looking at other females to get to in the line. We know how in demand females are!"

So really, she's available but since females are far & few she doesn't have much of a chance at the moment, which is understandable.

It's atleast good to know she is available.

Really, it shouldn't be that way, the women are really cool and it's great that we're getting two variants in 2011 (BP She-Ra & BG Evil-Lyn) and at least 5 new women in 2012 (The Sorceress, The 3 pack of the Star Sisters and Shadow Weaver) but we do still need more of them and as I said time and time agin, bring Illuminara & her Panther on, their really a neat team. She's a female Gar (how coolRazzer) and her armor is dandy and her Panther (don't know his/her have name?) is white and way different than Panthor. As of yet, there isn't amny white colored figures in the MOTUC and that is one of the many reason I think they'll look just look fantastic once their made and I hope they'll be together in a pack!

---------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Remember: Looks are deceiving, everything We know may not be true, We are only beginning to learn." - I

Posts: 5759 | Location: Somewhere in the USA on Planet Earth  | Registered: May 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Wonder Princess
posted Hide Post
I think these two would be a great addition to the line. I have wanted a figure of her since seeing that one picture a few years back. This would make an awesome two-pack special. Smiler

Posts: 39 | Location: Paradise | Registered: June 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Keldor, son of Miro
posted Hide Post
Yep, I still want them.

Buy now I'm afraid Illumina would simply come with Teela's costume. It seems that Horsemen are very fond of it, haha.

Posts: 1666 | Location: Belgrade, Serbia | Registered: April 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of kylun flac
posted Hide Post
yes i would like Illumina in motuc. Smiler
maybe a two pack with her white tiger

Posts: 370 | Registered: August 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Firebolt of the Vancouver Horde
posted Hide Post
She should show up for sale with her cat one of these years as a Dec 15th sale suprize~!

With much love and respect and a little humor....with what we internationals get charged for shipping DR and whomever should give us our own exclusive. The evil henchman SHIP-OR. proudly shipping products across the universe.....for a price! (....yes an evil henchman can be proud and have pride)

Posts: 552 | Location: Not where you might think | Registered: August 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of kylun flac
posted Hide Post
is she closer than we think? will she be a surprise?

Posts: 370 | Registered: August 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of JonWes
posted Hide Post
Yes, I want her!

Posts: 158 | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Evil-Ryn
posted Hide Post
I could be totally wrong as it kind of goes against the flow of the 30th Anniversary schematic, but I could totally see Mattel popping her out as one of two of their figures.

Proud Club Eternia Subscriber 2010 - 2014

Posts: 1227 | Location: Snake Mountain, Dark Hemisphere | Registered: July 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
posted Hide Post
there is nothing original about her. glimmer powers, keldor race, evil-lyn outfit. she wasn't even in a story, just a published drawing, she's essentially fan-art.

no thanks to this glimmer substitute.

Posts: 488 | Location: Mini-ternia | Registered: March 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of PantherCult
posted Hide Post
I 100% would love to have an Illumina figure added to my MOTUC collection. And because she would provide such an easy and valid reason to release a repaint of Battle Cat, it could really be a decent deal for MattyCollector too.

I don't care if her described powers and history seem to borrow from others... the character design is unique enough to be desirable. I'd be perfectly happy to get her and have Mattel generate a totally new back story for her that doesn't coincide with what has been laid out thus far.

Unfortunately, having added the rights to the Filmation characters pushes the likelihood of getting this figure even farther to the back of the line than it was before. Still, I'll bang the drum for wanting to get this figure periodically until we get her or until the line is over.

Posts: 161 | Location: Sacramento | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post