Home    Fan Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Toy Lines  Hop To Forums  MOTU Classics    Need to have new RUDY OBRERO's Artworks for the Classics line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need to have new RUDY OBRERO's Artworks for the Classics line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Login/Join

Matty Member
Picture of Tokyonever
posted
So, I am a big fan of Rudy's artworks like most of you I am imagining, and you know certainly that he drew the new Eternia's art Map just coming with Wun-dar this month, a great comeback for a great guy in the Motu history!

When I learned that he was back for the Motu Classics line, I was so excited for to many reasons:
-'cause this artist is an obvious share of the success of the vintage line in the 80'.
-'cause I dreamed hours after hours when I was child looking each time the Motu packagings (nothing has changed today of course)
-'cause he did through its drawings the perfect atmosphere of the original Motu universe and the classics line needs that.
-'cause,cause...well, cause it is the GUY for this line, like he was the GUY (with William George) by the past!

I need to have new artworks of Rudy for the Classics line, sincerely! I need to dream again like I was the little child! PLEASE!

Mattel and TG please, do something!!! the actual packages are OK but you can do largely better with a guy like Rudy behind them!
Imagine for the best exemple the Panthor's packaging with a REAL Artwork on the front! like the old one.
Hey, it is a toyline for fans? yeah! now push the line at the top!
Please!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I am calmed now Big Grin
This poll is simple: Who need to see new artworks of Rudy Obrero for the Classics line???

Some of the best artworks of Rudy if you are a newbie and the name is unknown (possible?)for some of us:

Question:
Who needs new Rudy Obrero's Artworks for the classics line?

Choices:
YES! Oh Yes!!!!
NO!...'cause I am totaly stupid :)

Posts: 687 | Registered: February 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
posted Hide Post
Why is Skeletor riding a cat that looks exactly like Battle Cat? I know that Cringer/BC came from the Green Tiger Tribe, but the BC armor is induced by the power of the Elders and of Grayskull.

Other than that, I think the artwork is awesome!

Posts: 500 | Location: Somewhere between here and there! | Registered: February 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Tokyonever
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MOTUC Bré:
Why is Skeletor riding a cat that looks exactly like Battle Cat? I know that Cringer/BC came from the Green Tiger Tribe, but the BC armor is induced by the power of the Elders and of Grayskull.

Other than that, I think the artwork is awesome!

When Rudy did this artwork, the background story of the toyline was not fully written and fixed at all.
Mattel, at the begining, just gave to Rudy some pictures of toys and prototypes by explaining what the toyline's "siprit" will be but with/out solid backgrounds for each characters and toys.
It is why you have more than one Battle cat on this art, when Rudy did it, the battle cat was not clearly "THE" He-Man's cat "only" in the mind of Mattel.

Like you can see Beast Man on the Heroic Warriors side on the castle Grayskull's Art Smiler

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tokyonever,

Matty Member
Picture of Arvulis
posted Hide Post
These artworks are totally awesome !!!

It was the magic of the vintage boxes and cards.... No other toys line had this. It was wonderful ! Take a look at Castle Grayskull !
I would like such illustrations for a MOTUC CASTLE GRAYSKULL !

This guys is like a god ! It's a big YES for me !!!!!!!

-

Posts: 1621 | Location: Into the Timeless dimension of Trolla | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of He-Man27
posted Hide Post
His work is really good...the Art Book shows allot more stuff too...even if its over prized to some, its a must have for any motu fan ^_^

"Yes..that is good counsel, but you know how I hate bad news" words of wisdom from the mighty Hordak ^_^

Posts: 272 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of MANTENNA 14
posted Hide Post
YES for me !!
N i think that ( Even if i'm not a moc collector ) the packaging would be better with art N at least one
"COMING SOON " figure instead of unavailable figures at back .....
Just my though ..... Smiler

SHE'S YOUR , I WANT HER TO BE MINE , BLUE CASTASPELLA PLEASE !!
CHECK THAT !!

Posts: 5017 | Location: I'm in the trap door !! | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of POLO23
posted Hide Post
I'm a fan of the old art work. I have 4 artwork boxes blown up to posters sizes on my wall.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: POLO23,

Posts: 2585 | Registered: February 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Tokyonever
posted Hide Post
Thx for your votes guys.

Please others Rudy's fans, com'on and leave your votes Smiler

Matty Member
posted Hide Post
A big YES for me too !
Rudy Obrero's Artworks are so awesome Smiler

Posts: 2 | Location: FRANCE | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Hades
posted Hide Post
I'm a huge fan of Rudy's work ! All their illustrations made me dream when I was young (as Alfredo Alcala's one).
That would be so nice for current MOTUC line packaging or future Art book/ Trade paper back.

Posts: 261 | Location: Brussels - BELGIUM | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Arvulis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hades:
I'm a huge fan of Rudy's work ! All their illustrations made me dream when I was young (as Alfredo Alcala's one).
That would be so nice for current MOTUC line packaging or future Art book/ Trade paper back.

And what do you think about a Role Playing Game with Rudy's artwork ?! Smiler
The possibility to get a Role playing game based on MOTC was mentioned in a WTFWTK.
It would be Awesome !!!! Cool

Posts: 1621 | Location: Into the Timeless dimension of Trolla | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Tokyonever
posted Hide Post
A role playing cards game is a great idea! I sign!

Please others forumers, we need your votes Smiler

Matty Member
Picture of Dragstor
posted Hide Post
Already done Wink

Au fait, elle était fantastique ta collection vintage Eeker
By the way, your vintage MOTU ex-collection was awesome Toky Eeker

Posts: 65 | Location: The Fright Zone | Registered: February 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Tokyonever
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dragstor:
Already done Wink

Au fait, elle était fantastique ta collection vintage Eeker
By the way, your vintage MOTU ex-collection was awesome Toky Eeker

Merci Dragstor Wink
A l'époque (4/5 ans de ça) il était facile via Ebay d'avoir pas mal de blisters à moindres prix.
Dis toi que la plupart des blisters qu'on voit sur ma page crazycolletors m'ont rarement coutés plus de 30 euros l'unité frais de port inclus.
Je me souviens encore quand je choppais du Webstor US à $12 nickel, arf lol.
Une époque bien loin aujourd'hui quand tu vois le peu de choses qui circulent encore sur Ebay en terme de blisters/packagings et les prix qui sont sans cesse en hausse :-/

Matty Member
Picture of MANTENNA 14
posted Hide Post
Si y'avait moins de crétins , y'aurait plus de bonnes affaires à faire !! Mad
Un glaive supreme sans prix de réserve à 1 Euro au départ , c'est clair que le bon plan c'est de te dire je vais jusqu'à 25 Euros ( par exemple ) et à 4 minutes de la fin , PAF !!
Tu colles ton enchère Maxi !!
J'ai quasiment jamais perdu d'encheres sur ebay comme ça ! Cool
Ca m'fait rager de voir des occaz' en or , durant 9 jours et dès le 3ème jour , 15 encheres , le truc est monté en flèche ... Roll Eyes
Sans déconner , y'en a qui devraient apprendre la nuance entre enchères ( moi je dis tant , tu dis tant , je remonte , adjugé , vendu ) et Enchères sur le net !! Mad

SHE'S YOUR , I WANT HER TO BE MINE , BLUE CASTASPELLA PLEASE !!
CHECK THAT !!

Posts: 5017 | Location: I'm in the trap door !! | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post