Home    Fan Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Toy Lines  Hop To Forums  DCU Classics    Whelp- Apparently we're getting THIS figure in the subs.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Whelp- Apparently we're getting THIS figure in the subs.
 Login/Join

Matty Member
Picture of robscott
posted
Just snagged this photo off of the sale of one of the Ebay profiles which is also selling all those DCNU bats and supes.

Listed as "DCUinverse 6" beige Trenchcoat guy"

Obviously we're getting Constantine at some point. Kinda cool.
I would assume it's a sub spot figure as I don't see him qualifying as "retail friendly" enough seeing as how he's not one of the big 3.

Posts: 564 | Location: California | Registered: February 12, 2010Report This Post
Matty Member
Picture of DTW
posted Hide Post
That is kind of cool, I know he's a heavily demanded character who'd have had no shot at retail, so I'm glad to see him. That said...wow, if you don't know/care about the character, it's one of the most boring comic designs of all time. Anyway, hopefully the trench coat is made of a nice, soft material that won't interfere with his articulation.

Let's see these made in DCUC form:

Matty Member
Picture of robscott
posted Hide Post
well it appears to be the same arms legs and trenchcoat from the Batman Legacy line Golden Age Joker, and that piece is really soft and flexable.
So that shouldn't be a problem.

Agian this appears to be one of those "fell off the back of a truck" ebay sellers in China, so we have no idea of what accessories, if any, he would come with. Or even if he's slated to be part of a two pack or something.

Still he was a really in demand fig accoring to the posts going round here and the fwoosh, atomic swampmeet and other places most of last year and early this year. So glad that some people are getting the figure they wanted. I'm sure his basically "headlining" Justice League Dark in the new DC 52 reboot had a lot to do with it as well.

Posts: 564 | Location: California | Registered: February 12, 2010Report This Post
Matty Member
Picture of DTW
posted Hide Post
I'm blanking...what's up with the scar on his face? I don't remember that being part of his look.

Matty Member
posted Hide Post
Yawn.

Well, for the good of the sub, I'm happy many people will be happy. But I could name 100 others I'd rather have.

Posts: 723 | Location: The OC | Registered: July 30, 2010Report This Post
Matty Member
Picture of secondwhiteline
posted Hide Post
WHOO! Constantine! I know he's not the most exciting figure ever, but I have a DC magic characters shelf, and I've been waiting for a Constantine ever since they gutted Vertigo.

Posts: 2293 | Registered: February 05, 2010Report This Post
Matty Member
Picture of robscott
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DTW:
I'm blanking...what's up with the scar on his face? I don't remember that being part of his look.

Yep, it's actually pretty accurate detail many artist don't play up in their drawings of him.

In Hellblazer issue #200 he is attacked by his demonic daughter, Maria, who gives him the scar while weilding a knife.

Apparently he also cut his own thumb off of his left hand in Hellblazer issue #268 while being temporarly insane, well more insane than usual, for him. And back in Swamp Thing #76, while in temporary possession of John's body ol' Swampy had a tattoo of a tree done on his right buttcheek as a little F#$% you gift for all the time John manipulated and screwed with him.

apparently, for a figure that I feel rather so so about, I apparently have a little too much Constantine trivia ratteling around in my brain.

I guess it's just too much to hope this is actualy just one figure of a two pack and the other will actually be a 6" (well more like 7"-8" hopefully) Swampy. That would be one larger sized figure that I would be considerably happier with than Rocket Red..

Matty Member
Picture of amos brearly
posted Hide Post
well he wouldnt be my 1st choice for a man in a beige over coat, but if we can find him a cigarette im sure he will look good on the magic shelf.

Posts: 2417 | Location: on a dark desert highway... | Registered: February 01, 2010Report This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Mark15
posted Hide Post
Not bad.

I hope he comes with some good accessories.

Posts: 1147 | Location: chicago area | Registered: February 07, 2010Report This Post
Matty Member
Picture of secondwhiteline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robscott:
Yep, it's actually pretty accurate detail many artist don't play up in their drawings of him.

In Hellblazer issue #200 he is attacked by his demonic daughter, Maria, who gives him the scar while weilding a knife.

Apparently he also cut his own thumb off of his left hand in Hellblazer issue #268 while being temporarly insane, well more insane than usual, for him. And back in Swamp Thing #76, while in temporary possession of John's body ol' Swampy had a tattoo of a tree done on his right buttcheek as a little F#$% you gift for all the time John manipulated and screwed with him.

apparently, for a figure that I feel rather so so about, I apparently have a little too much Constantine trivia ratteling around in my brain.

I guess it's just too much to hope this is actualy just one figure of a two pack and the other will actually be a 6" (well more like 7"-8" hopefully) Swampy. That would be one larger sized figure that I would be considerably happier with than Rocket Red..

Because Constantine is one of the best characters in comics history, that's why you have that trivia rattling around!

I definitely wouldn't mind this being part of a two-pack, though. A new Swamp Thing might be a stretch to hope for, but that would be amazing.

Posts: 2293 | Registered: February 05, 2010Report This Post
Matty Member
Picture of JQ
posted Hide Post
It's characters like this I didn't mind picking up as long as I also got a Collect and Connect part with it.

Posts: 984 | Registered: February 01, 2010Report This Post
Matty Member
Picture of DTW
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Another great reason why "modern" embellishments can just be left off of these figures. I don't need a scarred (or thumbless) Constantine, I just want a classic representation.

Matty Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Another great reason why "modern" embellishments can just be left off of these figures. I don't need a scarred (or thumbless) Constantine, I just want a classic representation.

Gotta agree with you on that.

Matty Member
Picture of Boy Wonder
posted Hide Post
Acetone it off

Posts: 334 | Location: Lexington, Ky | Registered: February 01, 2010Report This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Chase Variant
posted Hide Post
Why the long face?

im right your wrong [sic]

Posts: 4660 | Location: Cloud Cuckoo Palace | Registered: February 09, 2010Report This Post