Home    Fan Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Toy Lines  Hop To Forums  DCU Classics    NOW, who's buying a 2013 Sub
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NOW, who's buying a 2013 Sub
 Login/Join

Matty Member
Picture of DTW
posted Hide Post
I'm a little bummed by what's been shown so far--and I don't want to be. But of the 6 prospective figures listed so for 2013, only Wally and Elongated Man are instant "Yays" for me.

Phantom Stranger WOULD be...but why the new DC-style black suit instead of the classic blue cape and darker blue suit? This is a case, like the scar on Constantine or the long-hair Uncle Sam, where adding these elements takes away from their appeal to me.

St. Walker and Larfleeze are total non-wants for me. I appreciate that Monsieur Mallah is someone that's been requested, but I hate that original Grodd buck.

Let's see these made in DCUC form:

Posts: 1695 | Registered: August 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Cringer
posted Hide Post
I am **** skippy in for 2013! I bought in 2012, and I will be buying multiple subs for 2013.

What great reveals. I love this DC subscription, as it gives us so many fan demanded characters. Such a great selection.

As a DC fan and a huge DCUC fan, I am up for any and all characters possible in DCUC style. and the characters revealed today were great. I can only imagine whats in store for the rest of 2013.

Posts: 2048 | Registered: February 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Graphix1971
posted Hide Post
I'm in

Posts: 1413 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Havok1891
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DTW:
I'm a little bummed by what's been shown so far--and I don't want to be. But of the 6 prospective figures listed so for 2013, only Wally and Elongated Man are instant "Yays" for me.

Phantom Stranger WOULD be...but why the new DC-style black suit instead of the classic blue cape and darker blue suit? This is a case, like the scar on Constantine or the long-hair Uncle Sam, where adding these elements takes away from their appeal to me.

St. Walker and Larfleeze are total non-wants for me. I appreciate that Monsieur Mallah is someone that's been requested, but I hate that original Grodd buck.

I think we are often at odds, but I completely agree with you about Phantom Stranger. He should be in all blue, no black.

Maybe they felt he'd be too close to looking like the Question?

Posts: 6673 | Location: Maryland | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
posted Hide Post
Unless my friend wants the figures that were announced, I am out. Sorry, guys (and gals).

Posts: 65 | Registered: December 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of robscott
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Havok1891:
quote:
Originally posted by DTW:

I think we are often at odds, but I completely agree with you about Phantom Stranger. He should be in all blue, no black.

Maybe they felt he'd be too close to looking like the Question?

Ok now, I am know around here for being kinda nitpicky about costume details on figures of my favorite characters, but you guys are just blowing this out of proportion. I am a huge Phantom Stranger fan and can tell you cannon wise his suit has been black since day one. Have some colorists done it as dark blue on occassion, yes, mainly because they need to show detail on something in a 2-D medium.....

But even his '84-'85 Who's Who listing mentions it''s black.

Frankly this is EXACTLY the recipe I posted in the other topic for a perfect Phantom Stranger, right down to the white gloved "Specter" hands. And this figure is the one that will make me eat crow and despite that CS is still being handeled by Digital River, I'm all in this year.

I just need to report my debit card as "lost or stolen" due to an April experation date so I don't have to deal with any credit card updates through DR and I'ma signing up for this and the Watchmen sub. Gonna put $50 towards that YJ two pack as well. If they do the adam West Batman line as a sub I will be first in line for that too.

Frankly Matty has done an amazing job with reveals this year.

Posts: 564 | Location: California | Registered: February 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Havok1891
posted Hide Post
Nice work on the pics, ok good deal. Wonder why I felt like there was more blue? Mayeb the blue coat is bigger in the pictures? I guess the few times I've seen him, I always figured the darkness was just shadow.

Posts: 6673 | Location: Maryland | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of robscott
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nice work on the pics, ok good deal. Wonder why I felt like there was more blue? Mayeb the blue coat is bigger in the pictures? I guess the few times I've seen him, I always figured the darkness was just shadow.

Artistis liscensing. Yeah sometimes his suit is shown as dark blue, even the DCDirect figure was all dark blue. But in MOST incarnations going back to his beginings he is shown as wearing black suit just because it allows him to do that whole "melding into the blackness of the inside of his cloak thing" which just looks so cool and mysterious. Plus he's required to wear black to represent his status as a fallen angel. He refused to take a side during the war in heaven either with God or Satan, so now he is outcast doing pentenace for his lack of faith in the Presence.

Posts: 564 | Location: California | Registered: February 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Havok1891
posted Hide Post
Well my friends, I bought two 2012 subs. I bought one so far for 2013.

Matty Member
Picture of Smallville
posted Hide Post
quote:

Funny how a much difference a day makes xP

Posts: 2953 | Location: DC Universe | Registered: March 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Havok1891
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SMALLVILLE:
quote:

Funny how a much difference a day makes xP

Ha, more like 1 hour!

They made a lot of the right moves for 2013.

1) No oversized figures, even a price hike to $18 (which we really knew was coming, or at least I figured was) is ok when I consider that I won't be spending $30 or $45 a month for an oversized figure I don't really want that may not be scaled right.

2) Not one figure I could shun from my collection, like say Warlord.

3) And the advanced purchasing ability alone almost makes the sub. a requirement for me.

Like a blue lantern I shall not give up hope that a Teen Titan hero will make an appearance for 2013! To think, of the versions of this crew we only have Cyborg (though I don't want that Donna or Raven).

Matty Member
Picture of Havok1891
posted Hide Post
I guess I can't say the Titans didn't get a spot, I can tell myself Flash is from this Titans. So maybe another will arrive. We have Nightwing, Red Arrow, this Starfire, & Flash, who is next!?!?

Matty Member
Picture of Butwinsky
posted Hide Post
I'm in. I still regret not getting this years. Saint Walker and Larfleeze are great looking, but I really want Ralph.

IIIIIIII'M A SHARK, I'M A SHARK, I'M A SHARK, I'M A SHARK! I"M A SHARRRRRRRRK! I'M A *&^%$#@ SHARRRRRRRRRRRK!

Posts: 551 | Location: In...your bathroom? | Registered: November 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of robscott
posted Hide Post
we better get a Dr Light some time in 2013!

That would qualify as a major league Titans and JLA villian, heck A Villian since we're light on those so far for 2013 reveals, and he can do horrible leering faces at whatever stand in female figure I plunk down next to Ralph to represent Sue!

You stole my Starro idea, you came through with my perfect Phantom Stranger, now give me Dr. Light in 2013 Matty! Get on it.

P.S. I need a Ra's Al Ghul, yesterday!

P.P.S. While your at it whip up a Huntress for the 2013 sub and I will never say another bad word about you on these boards again. well almost never. Just don't put her in that Hush Hooker outfit. Ah ****, you know what at this point I'd take it. Just give me a Huntress, a Ra's, Dr. Light, and, oh yeah, a Captian Marvel Jr. then were talking the perfect sub. You can make one months figure another Invisible kid, with invisible packaging even, and I'd still be too happy to get on your case.

Matty Member
posted Hide Post
Im in for 2013 but I have to wait till next payday. Which is 7/27. So I'm safe. Smiler

Posts: 143 | Registered: April 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post