Home    Fan Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Toy Lines  Hop To Forums  DCU Classics    Update for NYTF 2012!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Update for NYTF 2012!
 Login/Join

Collector Supreme
posted
DC Fans of all ages!

Hey gang. With only a few days left until NYTF’s collector night (Sundayt, Feb 12th from 3-6 Eastern, Press only event) I wanted to give our customers and fans a head’s up on some of the great new DC toys coming out this year!

First and foremost is an update on our fantastic 6” lines. Now there has been some confusion between what will be at retail and what is online in 2012. A lot of this is due to having to change gears so quickly last summer right before SDCC when the club was formed. But here is a rundown on what to expect:

DC All Stars is our 2012 retail line for the 6” scale. Throughout 2012, look for this line to be similar to the 6” line in 2006 and 2007. Mostly figures from the world of Batman and Superman which will include all new figures and re-releases. There will be non Bat and non Supes figs as too, as well as the occasional collector aimed figure (like the Orange Lantern in the first mix!) but for the most part, this line is aimed at new collectors, casual collectors, moms and kids. Not the hard core collector. For this demographic, look for the online figures in Club Infinite Earths only on Mattycollector.com!

Starting this April, every month will have one all new 6” figure aimed directly at the hard core collector! This club will also include a quarterly oversized figure and if you bought the full year sub last summer, you will also get an exclusive Metron with chair available from your club sign- up fee. This figure will not be sold or made available any other way.

There has definitely been some confusion online about the difference between the two lines. Hopefully the info above helps clarify. Also, we are well aware that when fans bought into the club we had very little to show in terms of figures and packaging and fans put their trust in us. A lot of this had to do with the very quick turn around when we created the club. But now we have a ton of new figures and the packaging to show off in NY!(but no, at this point we do not have an exact number of new figs to reveal, a lot of this comes down to what can make it to the show).

The Club figures will be in a fantastic new window box with all figures posed in a neutral “waiting for the bus” pose as fans have asked for. Additionally, we just locked in a deal with DC to have some top top artists create original art for the packaging! We are so excited to show this off in NY! Our DC fans have been VERY patient and we will do all we can to live up to the expectations and trust fans have put in us!
In addition to the 6” figures, we will have the first look at the fantastic collector lines for the new Batman film “The Dark Knight Rises”! Look for some amazing new Movie Masters and a great pack in bonus never seen before!

There will also be new Young Justice, Action League and a few other surprises we can’t wait to share!

Keep those questions coming on our Ask Matty forums. Nothing is more important than our customers and fans and we want to ensure you have the most up to date info. I personally could not be more excited over Club Infinite Earth. This is the big one. We know fans took a big chance on CIE at SDCC and now that we are closer to the first figure being released in April, man are we waiting to knock your socks off. This is the selection of 6” DC figures you have always wanted. Everyone one is hand picked based on your posts online and feedback. With your continued support, this Club should be everything the fans and customers have wanted it to be!

See you all online after our big Collector Night this Sunday!

Scott

Posts: 8763 | Location: El Segundo | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
posted Hide Post
Great news! Smiler

Posts: 2 | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Waspinator
posted Hide Post
Thanks Scott! Looking forward to the Club infinite Earth and all the product of 2012!

In the ask matty forums, any chance you or some of the other brand managers can answer more questions? Or when a new problem arises can you post a quick topic just to let fans know that you and/or Mattel is aware of it and will get back to us?

Thanks!

http://www.toyhypeusa.com/

My MOTUC 2014-2016 Wishlist:

Uncle Montork, 200X King Hsss, Snake Armor He-Man, Sssqueeze, Butthead, Blast-Attak, Multi-Bot, Dragstor, Hoove, Lizorr, Sagitar, Tuskador, Tung Lasher, 200X King Randor, 200X Roboto, Gwildor, Multi Bot, Rotar, Rio Blast, Saurod and others.

Posts: 1534 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Comedian
posted Hide Post
So excited for these all to hit.

Scott, do you have a date for the club exclusive to ship?

Posts: 4267 | Location: BUFFALO,NY | Registered: February 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Cringer
posted Hide Post
Thank you Scott!!

I am so excited for NYTF. But I am even more excited about this year and the DCIE SUBSCRIPTION!!!!!

I look forward to the SUB, the retail DC All Stars line, and those Batman Movie Masters. 2012 should be Awesome!

Posts: 2081 | Registered: February 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Havok1891
posted Hide Post
Great news, can't wait! Smiler

Posts: 6673 | Location: Maryland | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Chapman
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Club figures will be in a fantastic new window box with all figures posed in a neutral “waiting for the bus” pose as fans have asked for

Yeah!!!! Plus I LOL at worked everyone thought I was crazy!

Posts: 221 | Registered: March 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of amos brearly
posted Hide Post
sounds fantastic!

really what a great year of figurees we have to look forward to.

the only hesitancy for me is the news on the original art packaging....i like to open and play with all my figures, i hope the packaging isnt too hot.

Posts: 2419 | Location: on a dark desert highway... | Registered: February 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of jacen
posted Hide Post
But now we have a ton of new figures and the packaging to show off in NY!(but no, at this point we do not have an exact number of new figs to reveal, a lot of this comes down to what can make it to the show).

i am confused. which is it? to me it looks like it was a corporate memo and toyguru added the part in ()

Posts: 413 | Location: MD | Registered: February 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Battlebones
posted Hide Post
can't wait, very excited to see what is revealed!

by the ADD of GreySkull, I have the...Squirrel!

MOTU-inspired comic series www.woeisoz.com. A Dark take on the world of Oz. Where Fantasy and adventure lurks right over the rainbow.

Posts: 1391 | Location: www.woeisoz.com | Registered: February 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Smallville
posted Hide Post
Your the man Toy Guru! I absolutely can't wait for the sub to start! I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo pumped for Toy Fair!

Posts: 2954 | Location: DC Universe | Registered: March 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Mahaney
posted Hide Post
quote:
n our Ask Matty forums. Nothing is more important than our customers and fans and we want to ensure you have the most up to date info. I personally could not be more excited over Club Infinite Earth. This is the big one. We know fans took a big chance on CIE at SDCC and now that we are closer to the first figure being released in April, man are we waiting to knock your socks off. This is the selection of 6” DC figures you have always wanted. Everyone one is hand picked based on your posts online and feedback. With your continued support, this Club should be everything the fans and customers have wanted it to be!

My socks await. Wink

I hope Total Heroes and The 4" line fail.

Posts: 398 | Location: Norman, OK | Registered: February 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Gadabout
posted Hide Post
I loved the DCUC line. I can't wait to see what you guys have at Toy Fair. I am not expecting anything like we have had in the past, but I am more excited than I have been in a while.

Please don't count the cartoon Young Justice figures as being "close enough".

Posts: 1197 | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of PretenderNX01
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jacen:
i am confused. which is it? to me it looks like it was a corporate memo and toyguru added the part in ()

I assume "ton" means more than two but he can't say how many more than two.

He doesn't wan to say "at least this many" in case it only ends up that many and really any number would be seen as not enough Razzer

I'm looking forward to seeing the Young Justice figures, hope there's more characters and not just variants (unless it's like plain-clothes versions)

I wonder if they'll have anything about the new Green Lantern animated series? Hope it's one of the surprises but maybe that'l come in San Diego.

-------------------------------------------
Tiger Rocket Cool Nerdy T-shirts

Posts: 567 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: February 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of MoMoney
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PretenderNX01:
I wonder if they'll have anything about the new Green Lantern animated series? Hope it's one of the surprises but maybe that'l come in San Diego.

Scott said on AFi that there will be no GLTAS line from Mattel in 2012. Retail passed on it (not hard to believe, considering the colossal failure of GL movie product).

And, to be fair, the series has only aired one episode three months ago. It should probably prove itself as a hit before retail commits to carrying related product.

Posts: 862 | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post