I just called the customer service and a women told me it was sold out after placing me on hold. I called at 1:00 PM Eastern. I read some people stated it was push back. Why would the service agent tell me it was sold out if it wasn't?
I'm also confused. I didn't see anything from Matty saying anything about Kyle being moved back, but now he's not in the Sale page. If they canceled him, I'll be so upset, I may have to turn to violence. He was the one I was most excited about, dangit!
Seriously, Matty, if you're going to cancel the line, at least give us our final figure.
the ask matty forums have a couple questions regarding this, including one from me...and Kyle was moved back "a month or two" because early samples did not have his ring. He is still coming according to ToyGuru as well as "one more item" to be revealed at SDCC.
I'd hate to pick what that "last one" is. There are so many. Although the consensus it seems is it'd be great to have a Robin. Love to have a Dr. Fate, myself. Or hawkman or red tornado. Hopefully, it's not a Peter Venkman in his underwear.
I would kill someone for a Red Tornado.
From other threads, it looks like Kyle rayner is it. Personally, I wouldn't buy another figure from these people. Let them sit in a warehouse and make Mattel eat it on the cost
Not that I'm bitter or anything
yeah...the "one more item" was actually a ghostbusters two pack...toyguru made it seem like there would be one more DC retro, but that was a load of crap...like most of what toyguru spills.
The thing I find most disappointing and confusing about the cancellation of the RA line is that this is a series that has so much potential! Not only was I hoping to finally get a Hawkman in this format, and that Robin and the Joker were left out completely (two of DC biggest characters!) but think of how awesome a classic Killer Croc would have been in an this 8 inch style! It didn't take me long to make a list of 125 characters that I would have liked to see in this series. Characters like Nightwing, Cyborg, Beast Boy, Lightning Lad, classic Brainiac, Atomic Skull, Firestorm and all the Batman villains...including some more obscure villains such as Black Mask and Black Spider. They would be awesome! Clearly there's still an opportunity to make more money with this series. What a buzz kill!
You've been a fan of Mattel's popular DC toy lines, now find out the latest news, sneak peaks, and behind-the-scenes scoop on your favorite Mattel/DC action figures, including DC Universe Classics, Young Justice, Action League, and more. Plus, get an exciting look at new 2012 products. Join Mattel toy designers Bill Benecke and Mike Guarniere, as well as brand managers Danielle McLachlan and Scott "Toy Guru" Neitlich, along with The Four Horsemen and surprise guests from DC Comics and Warner Brothers for an insightful Q&A.
We are covering this panel live so be sure to update your browser often over the course of the next hour.
We had some technical problems but images and descriptions from the panel have been uploaded in our GALLERY below so check them all out for DCU, MOTU, Voltron and Ghostbusters.
Joker Tank coming from Imaginext. A Gotham Jail playset is coming to with Bane.
- Little People DC figures from Fisher Price is coming.
- Green Lantern with Retro action figures. Kyle is still coming, they had to fix the ring.
- Ultimate Electronic Movie Masters Hal will be sold on Mattycollector this fall.
- Batman Brave & The Bold will continue through 2012.
- Batman Legacy Batman with Batmite will be available at Kmart and there will be a 2-pack with Robin and a FREE Batman figure at TRU with when you buy the game the classic Batman TV series uniform that will have a code to allow you unlock the costume in the game.
- Mattel has signed a deal with Diamond to dist DC figures in Europe.
- Wave 20 Green Arrow, Reverse Flash, Hawk & Dove, Red and more.
- Wave 20 will be the final wave at retail and and they will go on sale at Matty. There will be product at retail still but not the fan favorites. See coming panel slides for more details on these.
- JLU will only continue if the ones out sell well.
- Images from Panel added. Be sure to check out for more details on DCUC products.
- Batman Legacy will continue past the 2 waves.
- Nothing to announced on a GL Animated series yet but likely at NYCC we will hear more on the future of Mattel's Green Lantern plans for both movie and cartoon.
- Again 6" figures totally aren't disappearing from retail but from the sound of it the more obscure characters will be sold online through MattyCollector and their new DCUC subscription service however things are still being ironed out so nothing is really set in stone at this point other than the figures announced today for the subscription service will only be available online.
- Oversize figures will be offered in the DC subscription service like with MOTU and the ones sold this year will be $30 figures.
- No Batmobile planned for the Legacy Line right now.
- Young Justice Hall Of Justice is around 20 ft.
|Powered by Social Strata|