Home    Fan Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Matty’s Corner  Hop To Forums  DC Universe on MattyCollector.com    Thank you for the quick reply Toy Guru.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thank you for the quick reply Toy Guru.
 Login/Join

Matty Member
Picture of Havok1891
posted
I appreciate reading all your replies and I appreciate that you posted them so quickly (no sarcasm).

I do feel better about Captain Marvel now, even if I can't say I am happy. I understand that every figure won't be for everyone, but I feel that Granny Goodness is an example of a figure that "won't be for everyone" but will be for most, while New 52 Shazam seems to be a figure that is mostly not for anyone but for some.

But anyways, that's just some venting and its something I am getting past.

I do have two questions.

I see that you've said that New 52 Captain Marvel in CIE packing is being used as a bridge to bring attention to the sub. for retail buyers (buyers that mostly being given New 52 selections in retail).

So:

Question 1)
Doesn't this connection mean that New 52 characters will likely appear in the sub? It doesn't make sense to me that someone would show this connection to attract new sub. buyers and then not offer more of the attractionmin the actual sub. If someone is buying New 52 characters and they see New 52 Shazam in CIE packaging and are told about this sub, wouldn't it stand to reason that they'd expect to see similar level New 52 figures in the sub?

Question 2)
So classics fans in a sense have to "give up" something for the Unlimited line. Unlimited, for the most part, is largely variations of Batman, New 52 icons, and Video Game icons (so far). If there are these efforts to tie the sub. and the retail together . . . will there be any placement of a classics character in retail? If a "connection" is whats wanted, it seems only fair that it can work both ways.

Questions summed up:

1) Doesn't the exclusive suggest that New 52 will continue to appear in the sub. since it is meant to entice Unlimited buyers?

2) Will there be a "classic" character appearing in retail to help tie CIE and Unlimited together? Like the reverse of what Captain Marvel is being used for. And by "classic" I mean someone that isn't Batman, Robin, or an icon like Superman-Hawkman.

Posts: 6659 | Location: Maryland | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Collector Supreme
Picture of Toyguru
posted Hide Post
I can't comment on the retail line as I don't currently work on that, but there are no plans right now for New 52 figs in the online sub.

Posts: 8520 | Location: El Segundo | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post