Home    Fan Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Toy Lines  Hop To Forums  DCU Animated Original Movie Series    Batman;TAS Season DVD sets
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Batman;TAS Season DVD sets
 Login/Join

Matty Member
Picture of Stratos1988
posted
OK I know we got the various volumes back in '04 but they jump around as far as episode order goes, so I was wondering how those of us who want a complete set of seasons would go about petitioning to get these released?

Loyal Servant Of King Hssss

Matty please give us a map of Despondos and Serpos as the sub fig!

Posts: 30 | Location: Snake Mountain | Registered: March 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Chase Variant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stratos1988:
OK I know we got the various volumes back in '04 but they jump around as far as episode order goes, so I was wondering how those of us who want a complete set of seasons would go about petitioning to get these released?

A complete series set was released in 2008.

im right your wrong [sic]

Posts: 4639 | Location: Cloud Cuckoo Palace | Registered: February 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of BatmanJack
posted Hide Post
the entire series in a boxed set can be found online retail going for about $180 or so... the box set is VERY nice, so tempting that I tried to buy a set on eBay. It was the only time I have ever been foiled by eBay, when I got it in the mail, the box looked JUST like the retail version with 1 minor flaw... it said "Batman: The Animaed Series" - yes, animaed. Opened the set up (which was presumably factory sealed) and the discs had really bad print jobs - I had bought a bootleg set. Tried every disc just to see if it would work and no... would not work, even in my laptop. Created an incident report with eBay and only recieved a fraction of a refund (I paid $75 and got back $30). eBay closed the incident report and that was that. I have not seen that seller list anything since then.

If you can find it at retail from a reputable source, I would do that despite the expense.

The Hammer of Justice is unisex!

Posts: 857 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: October 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Stratos1988
posted Hide Post
yeah but to someone who has it, is it just a collection of all four volumes or is it the entire series? because if it's just the four volumes then it isn't the ENTIRE SEQUENTIAL SERIES, which is what I was asking for

Loyal Servant Of King Hssss

Matty please give us a map of Despondos and Serpos as the sub fig!

Posts: 30 | Location: Snake Mountain | Registered: March 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of BatmanJack
posted Hide Post
it's the entire sequential series and then some...

sorry, that wasn't explicitely what you asked, so no one responded as such - we thought you were just asking how to petition to get it made... it's already been done for you and it is what you are looking for.

though, if you do a little research, the way the episodes appear on the volumes is the sequence they were broadcast in.

Posts: 857 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: October 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Chase Variant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BatmanJack:
though, if you do a little research, the way the episodes appear on the volumes is the sequence they were broadcast in.

No, the volumes (and I believe the complete set) are in production order (with the exception of multipart episodes, which are presented consecutively regardless of when they were produced), rather than air date.

However the OP is off about things being "out of sequence". Most of the episodes are standalone, so following the specific airdate order doesn't really matter. All that matters is that episodes that feature an origin, first appearance, or major change to a villain appear before episodes with their subsequent appearances, which is what you get with both airing and production order.

im right your wrong [sic]

Posts: 4639 | Location: Cloud Cuckoo Palace | Registered: February 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of BatmanJack
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chase Variant:
No, the volumes (and I believe the complete set) are in production order (with the exception of multipart episodes, which are presented consecutively regardless of when they were produced), rather than air date.

hmmm... I didn't know that - I checked the original airdate vs. the sequence on each of the volumes and everything matched - the same was for what is listed for the box set (the box set booklet includes production and air dates). The Hub started running BTAS in it's entirety last Tuesday from episode 1 based on airdate and it's the same as the sequence on the volumes and the box sets...