Home    Fan Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Toy Lines  Hop To Forums  DCU Animated Original Movie Series    DC Nation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DC Nation
 Login/Join

Matty Member
Picture of BatmanJack
posted
has anybody heard any news about this since March?

The Hammer of Justice is unisex!

Posts: 857 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: October 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
posted Hide Post
Wasn't that supposed to be a segment on Cartoon Network concerning DC Comics stuff? I was never really clear on what this so-called "platform" was supposed to be, and I've heard nothing more of it.

Posts: 2389 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of BatmanJack
posted Hide Post
yeah - it's supposed to start some time in 2012 - I think it is going to coincide with the new Batman cartoon, but I can't be sure - just curious if anyone else had heard more about this. From what I had read, the meaning of "platform" was like a block of programming, how CN used to have Toonami back in the day and it was all action cartoons from about 3 in the afternoon till about 6 or 7 - but this would be all DC related properties, which might be a pretty cool thing. Though, since the announcement was made eariler this year, both CN and DC have done a pretty good job at keeping mum, considering it had a huge unveiling at one of the cons.

The Hammer of Justice is unisex!

Posts: 857 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: October 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
posted Hide Post
I was hoping it might include an occasional one-shot special or short that we wouldn't see as part of a regular series, although I think that was more my interpretation/hope than anything specific they said.

Posts: 2389 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of MintCondition
posted Hide Post
They are going to show random new shorts. They gave a sneak peek at two tonight, actually. One was a Teen Titans short! And yeah, it was done in a very chibi style, but was unmistakably the Teen Titans cartoon characters with the same voice actors.

Check out my custom action figures at my website Mint Condition Customs!

Posts: 1743 | Location: Garland, TX | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of gonzofortoys
posted Hide Post
What happened to DC Nation on Saturdays? They showed 2 episodes and now How To Train Your Dragon is on. This is what sucks about Cartoon Network!

Posts: 154 | Location: Finger Lakes | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
posted Hide Post
There are many things that suck about Cartoon Network, the worst of which being that they seem to have forgotten the fact that cartoons got them where they are, and any time a really good one comes along, they only care about the toys and if it's making money, and if it's not they shove it into a crappy timeslot.

As for DC Nation, they seem to have pushed it all back until early next year. My hypothesis is that they're delaying it for the premiere of Beware the Batman.

I just recently watched some of the shorts from DC Nation and...well, to say they're a mixed bag isn't inaccurate. I haven't watched all of them yet, but I'll give my impressions of the ones I HAVE seen.

DC's World's Funnest. I only watched the first short, and will NOT watch any more. This was horrendously bad. It's a good thing that I'd seen some other shorts first because if I were to judge them all based on this, then I would give them all a skip. It's just terrible.

New Teen Titans. I've watched all of these multiple times, and I love them. I wish they were all available on the DC Nation website, but until then, I'll have to settle with YouTube. These are funny. Very funny. And it's great to hear the VA's back in the saddle. Really glad that this is getting expanded into a show.

Super Best Friends Forever. Take the Powerpuff Girls, replace Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup with Wonder Girl, Batgirl, and Supergirl. This is another one that's really funny, and the animation is great too. The humor is good, even if the characters are...well, out of character. Still very fun to watch, and I think the SBFFs deserve a full show.

Bat Man of Shanghai. Oh my freaking God this is cool! I really dig the anime style of this one. The atmosphere, the action, the style are all REALLY cool. I was surprised to find out that the animation studio behind it is small and hasn't done much because the style really reminded me of the anime Samurai Champloo. This show DEFINITELY deserves to be expanded into a series, though I think the Bat Man should remain mysterious, we don't really know how exactly he works in this series. I think that would make it interesting.

Posts: 58 | Registered: October 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post