Home    Fan Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Toy Lines  Hop To Forums  DCU Animated Original Movie Series    DCU Animated Figures. How would you like to see them done?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DCU Animated Figures. How would you like to see them done?
 Login/Join

Matty Member
Picture of Gadabout
posted
Hey guys, I am intrigued by the fact this showed up on Matty. Let's see what fans think about the future of figures based on the DC Animated movies. Keep everything uniform and in scale or branch off with new looks like the Public Enemies line did?

What you like is just that, what YOU like. You can defend your reasoning but let's try not to flame others who have their own opinions, no matter how wrong they mat be. Wink

Question:
Assuming Mattel branches off into more of the DC Animated Films for figure ideas, how would you like to see them done?

Choices:
Cassic DCUC Style
Animation Specific Sculpting

Please don't count the cartoon Young Justice figures as being "close enough".

Posts: 1197 | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
posted Hide Post
while for the most part i dont mind the animation specific sculpts, sometimes it just doesnt make a good translation going from comic art to animation to action figure. the Superman and Batman figures specifically in the Public Enemies line looked ridiculous next to the other figures, while everyone else more or less fit in with the other DCUC figures.

the Michael Turner style of Apokalypse would be hit or miss as well. this would be a case where figures like Superman and Batman would fit in with DCUC, but the overly anime-ish eyes on Kara would look rather odd in comparison.

same deal with the All-star Superman movie thats coming, the Mick Jagger lips on all the characters wouldnt look good at all, much less next to DCUC figures

long story short, keep the sculpts as close to DCUC style as you can when possible

Posts: 1490 | Registered: May 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Rex Mason
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I don't want more Public Enemies type figures. Sure Brimstone looks great with my other figures, and Black Lightning and Banshee are passable enough, but it's my least favorite wave overall. (And that's saying a lot as I'm pretty much obsessed with the Outsiders.)

Now if we see Young Justice characters in the DCUC line like comic accurate Tim Drake in his 90s costume or Impulse, that I wouldn't mind. But I don't want to see sub-lines like Young Justice in an animated style.

Posts: 3170 | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Batwasp
posted Hide Post
Make them DCUC style.Would look better and fit in with the rest of the line.

Posts: 686 | Registered: February 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of GRUNDY.
posted Hide Post
Either one would be fine with me,voted for DCUC style.But I sure would like to see figures of Owlman and Superwoman the way they appeared in Crisis on 2 Earths.Especially Superwoman

Posts: 312 | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Agent 86
posted Hide Post
DCUC style.

I don't mind if they alter the paints/costumes and slightly alter the head-sculpts to be specific to the relevant animated film, but I would prefer if all the DCUC figures looked like they were part of the same "series/line".

Posts: 469 | Registered: February 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Wildcat
posted Hide Post
I'd like them to have their own sculpt.

Posts: 167 | Location: East End | Registered: February 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Mark15
posted Hide Post
6 in scale gets my vote.

I hate the JLU scale. The figures are great but they're just too small for my tastes.

Posts: 1142 | Location: chicago area | Registered: February 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of PretenderNX01
posted Hide Post
I don't see the point of an "Animated Universe" line if it isn't in Animated style. Confused

Otherwise it's just DCUC with another label. DC Direct does some pretty awesome artist-specific sculpts on their figures all in one scale line.

-------------------------------------------
Tiger Rocket Cool Nerdy T-shirts

Posts: 566 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: February 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Freddie:
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PretenderNX01:
I don't see the point of an "Animated Universe" line if it isn't in Animated style. Confused

Otherwise it's just DCUC with another label. DC Direct does some pretty awesome artist-specific sculpts on their figures all in one scale line.

AGREED!!!!

Posts: 2049 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of little eagle
posted Hide Post
DCUC style all the way. I would LOVE to see the Crisis on Two earths figures released DCUC - Owlman, Superwoman, Johnny Quick, a modern Ultraman, etc... - these would all be great figures.

Posts: 33 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: October 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
DC Direct does some pretty awesome artist-specific sculpts on their figures all in one scale line.

care to re-evaluate that statement? sure all of the DCD figures are roughly 6in scale, but i have quite a few figures from quite a few of their sublines, and none of them are anywhere near in actual scale with each other

Posts: 1490 | Registered: May 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Graphix1971
posted Hide Post
I would prefer JLU scale but I'm okay with the sculpt being done to match the animation of the movie.

Posts: 1413 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of PretenderNX01
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ideal:
quote:
DC Direct does some pretty awesome artist-specific sculpts on their figures all in one scale line.

care to re-evaluate that statement? sure all of the DCD figures are roughly 6in scale, but i have quite a few figures from quite a few of their sublines, and none of them are anywhere near in actual scale with each other

In general, Lanterns are Lanterns at least the newest are.

I have Star Wars toys that are different scales without meaning to- Leia comes to mind. So it's a problem in all companies.

I still stand behind my statement that it's possible to match scale while sculpting style matches the source material Wink

I also stand behind my statement that there isn't a point of calling your line "animated" if it doesn't look like an animated character. Otherwise it's a DCUC figure of the character which doesn't require separately marketed line.

-------------------------------------------
Tiger Rocket Cool Nerdy T-shirts

Posts: 566 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: February 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of POLO23
posted Hide Post
A long as FH design them--I'll buy them!! I personally hope they start making some of them soon.

Posts: 2616 | Registered: February 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post