Home    Fan Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Toy Lines  Hop To Forums  DCU Animated Original Movie Series    SuperMan/Shazam: The Return of Black Adam Movie
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SuperMan/Shazam: The Return of Black Adam Movie
 Login/Join

Matty Member
Picture of POLO23
posted
Look for the all new DC Universe Movie SuperMan/Shazam: The Return of BLACK ADAM coming November 9th!!

Posts: 2624 | Registered: February 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Doc Owen AFT
posted Hide Post
Is this by itself or is this the DVD with several short stories with a variety of heroes?

Doc Owen
Premium Reviews & News of ALL Superhero Toys
www.AFTimes.com

Posts: 123 | Location: Florida | Registered: October 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Kagamigod
posted Hide Post
It's a short film like the DC Showcases and yes it's on the collection disc.

Heroic Master of Fun

Posts: 244 | Location: Philly, Philly where I am from | Registered: February 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Freddie:
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Owen AFT:
Is this by itself or is this the DVD with several short stories with a variety of heroes?

The disc contains all of the shorts that have been released so far (Green Arrow, Spectre, Jonah Hex, etc.) and the all new Superman/Shazam short.

Posts: 2049 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Doc Owen AFT
posted Hide Post
That's what I thought. I review the solicitation for the Shazam statue a few months ago and they mentioned the shorts DVD.

Doc Owen
Premium Reviews & News of ALL Superhero Toys
www.AFTimes.com

Posts: 123 | Location: Florida | Registered: October 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of JCrichton
posted Hide Post
I watched this online today and it was pretty good. Loved Black Adam and they give you a nice updated origin for Captain Marvel.

quis ipsos custodiet custodes

Posts: 339 | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
posted Hide Post
I though they did a really good job of it, and I very much liked the way both the Big Red Cheese and Supes were portrayed. There's such a tendency these days for a cynical, dystopian view of super-heroes, but this one stayed away from that completely. Hearing Supes talk about what it means to be one of the good guys was music to my ears. Heroes don't have to be perfect, but, me, I still like heroes who act like heroes, people you aspire to be like despite any human flaws they might have. I got the same kind of feel from the Green Arrow short.

It's this kind of story that reminds me why I liked super-heroes in the first place.

Posts: 2389 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of gonzofortoys
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's this kind of story that reminds me why I liked super-heroes in the first place.

Agreed scott. I loved it and the animation was beautiful.

Posts: 154 | Location: Finger Lakes | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of POLO23
posted Hide Post
I wish it would have been longer but other than that the short movie was EXCELLENT!!

Posts: 2624 | Registered: February 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
posted Hide Post
did Best Buy put out an exclusive with a figure in this dvd release?

oh yeah......this short was the sheeee-ott!!! I loved the was they had Black Adam animaed & moved.

Posts: 42 | Registered: September 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Earl
posted Hide Post
Yeah I really enjoyed it. But I do wish it was longer..other than that it was great!!

Posts: 229 | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Freddie:
posted Hide Post
I hope Juaquin Dos Santos keeps directing these. The animation on Superman/Shazam was incredible! The story was well done too. I know they have moved to Superman and Batman as the main characters for their feature films but I hope these shorts continue. Also, the rereleased shorts (Spectre, Green Arrow, etc.) on this disc all have extra footage in them so in my opinion its worth the 15 bucks.

Posts: 2049 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Graphix1971
posted Hide Post
I loved the Return of Black Adam ... I only wish Best Buy had done the exclusive like the last few editions with a Captain Marvel figurine. He would have looked great on the shelf next to Supes, Bats, Owlman and the Red Hood

Posts: 1415 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Smallville
posted Hide Post
I have yet to see this Frowner

Posts: 2954 | Location: DC Universe | Registered: March 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smallvillerocks:
I have yet to see this Frowner

i just watched it the other day. for some reason i was never able to find a store that had it in stock. places like Walmart even took down the placeholder for it.

Posts: 1490 | Registered: May 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post