Home    Fan Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Toy Lines  Hop To Forums  MOTU New Adventures of He-Man (1989-1992 TV Series)    Who was your first NA figure and how did you feel about it?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who was your first NA figure and how did you feel about it?
 Login/Join

Matty Member
Picture of BrandontheMattyCollector
posted
Back in 89 or early 90, My Parents & Myself saw new He-Man figures on the pegs and back then it was so different, I gave the NA a chance so they got Me the He-Man & Slush Head 2 pack and those were they only ones I wanted!

I thought they were cool but it just wasn't the same. Now I feel different, I have given NA a big chance in the MOTUC and now I am digging the NA characters and can't wait for more!

So, who was your first figure and how did you feel about the NA then and how do you feel about NA now?

---------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Remember: Looks are deceiving, everything We know may not be true, We are only beginning to learn." - I

Posts: 5271 | Location: Somewhere in the USA on Planet Earth  | Registered: May 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Cringer
posted Hide Post
My first NA Figures were the very same 2 Pack! I got them at a retail store that no longer exists (Hearts).

I really liked them, and I was just excited He-Man was back. I got Skeletor next, and I remember you could send in UPC's from the figures and vehicles and get a VHS tape of the first episode of NA. So I definitely did that, and still have the tape to this day (as well as the figures Smiler )

But I really liked the NA line. The vehicles were cool, and it was a refreshing chane up from the original MOTU cartoon. As a kid, Slush Head was awesome, having the liquid in his helmet.

Good times for sure Smiler

Posts: 1972 | Registered: February 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of kingkahn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BrandontheMattyCollector:
Back in 89 or early 90, My Parents & Myself saw new He-Man figures on the pegs and back then it was so different, I gave the NA a chance so they got Me the He-Man & Slush Head 2 pack and those were they only ones I wanted!

I thought they were cool but it just wasn't the same. Now I feel different, I have given NA a big chance in the MOTUC and now I am digging the NA characters and can't wait for more!

So, who was your first figure and how did you feel about the NA then and how do you feel about NA now?

I had the same two pack as my first figures. I loved them instantly. I remember searching for when the cartoon was on but hardly ever found it. However, I remember sending away and recieving a tape of the first few episodes and watched that a ton

-------------------------
Cogito Ergo Doleo

Posts: 1273 | Location: nashville, tn | Registered: February 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of fak-or
posted Hide Post
I honestly can't remember which was my first, it was either Hoove or Optik though I may well have got them at the same time. I always wanted Slush Head, but never got him (until he came out in MOTUC! Big Grin)

Posts: 1487 | Location: here | Registered: July 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
posted Hide Post
MOTUC Optik. I still don't like the cartoon but I really like the Classics figures so far.

Posts: 1026 | Location: Disgruntled, CA | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Evil-Ryn
posted Hide Post
Great topic!!
My first New Adventures figure was Skeletor. At the time, I was only 4 or 5, I didn't think too heavily on how/why he was so radically different from all the other He-Man figures I had. The next one I got was Optikk. Big eyeball head was just too irresistible to my young mind. Optikk met a bad end as I left him on the floor of the garage and dad drove over him, busting him to pieces! After that, I had Slush Head (almost bought a Staghorn instead), and those were the only three New Adventures figures I ever had originally. As for the cartoon, I'd never seen a single episode of it until I bought the DVD sets a few years ago, and at first I was underwhelmed, just made too many comparisons and noticed too many references to Star Wars. Since then, I've watched New Adventures in its entirety twice more, and it's grown on me quite a bit (I actually like it a lot more than MYP). As far removed and detached from typical He-Man as it was, New Adventures has something no other He-Man cartoon has, and that's closure. Unlike Filmation and MYP which were just kind of cancelled, New Adventures had a final episode. Flogg and the Mutants were defeated for the last time and had peace with Primus, and He-Man (and Mara) sent Skeletor (and Critta) packing once and for all (at least for the foreseeable future). Furthermore, the writing was good and continuity was tight; it felt more like one big, long adventure instead of freestanding episodes like Filmation. All in all, I have to say as of now New Adventures is my second favorite installment in the saga; Princess of Power notwithstanding as I haven't seen all of that yet.

Proud Club Eternia Subscriber 2010 - 2014

Posts: 1227 | Location: Snake Mountain, Dark Hemisphere | Registered: July 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of flipmode
posted Hide Post
The first time I ever saw a NA figure was in Portugal while on holiday. I remember seeing loads of bootleg toys while there, so when I saw it I distinctly remember thinking "Ooooh He-Man!" followed quickly by "That's not a MOTU figure, it's a fake!".

On retrospect I think it was Flogg, a very overpriced Flogg.

The first figure I bought was only a few years back.

I found a Optik in a Carboot Sale just after the Classics version was released. I think I paid about 50p, and I love the guy.

He was soon followeded by NA He-Man, NA Skeletor, Flogg and Slush Head.

All Carboot Sale finds. It's great to still be able to find these so cheap (if you hunt around) as most people don't know what they are.

Posts: 2006 | Location: London, United Kingdom | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of rodster6
posted Hide Post
Mine was Optikk as I thought he looked the coolest on the shelf. Was kind of a fun coincidence that he was the first in classics too.

Posts: 159 | Location: UK | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post