Home    Fan Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Toy Lines  Hop To Forums  DCU Justice League Unlimited™    New Innovative Collector-Aimed Line
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Innovative Collector-Aimed Line
 Login/Join

Matty Member
posted Hide Post
There has been a great deal of requests coming in to allow Stew to "Cast" the Lex & Darkseid, so customizers can have their own versions.

I wanted to officially inform the JLU community that I will NOT allow this as this greatly cheapens the original value of these one of a kind prototypes and awesome tooling.

It lessens interest in wanting to obtain the originals, because people will just buy a $20 to $25 caste copy of a head, etc. and make their own (Example: JLU Hal Jordan) Toylines NEED to have have hard-to-find, ultra rare figures & prototypes. It's part of every great toyline and it actually helps keep people interested in collecting a toyline.

Also, there is potential damage that could happen to the figure during casting. These are two very one of a kind, official Mattel protos, and bottom line two truly unique items. (Even if it does not represent the new 2013 line) These are rare parts of history of a great & long running toyline.

The best I can do is offer the Prototypes at 600.00 each or 1000.00 buy it now. If they don't sell for the lower prices, I will just keep these beauties as part of my personal collection. I hope the community understands.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: u84l582,

Posts: 160 | Location: VA | Registered: December 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
posted Hide Post
Who's gonna pay that much cash for Lex Luthor or Darkseid? You can stuff your NOT A NEW TOYLINE prototypes in a sack.

Posts: 262 | Registered: February 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of BatJack
posted Hide Post
"Caste"

To his "caste" comment.

Caste - a social class separated from others by distinctions of hereditary rank or profession or wealth
Cast - container into which liquid is poured to create a given shape when it hardens

Posts: 7 | Location: Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by u84l582:
There has been a great deal of requests coming in to allow Stew to "Caste" the Lex & Darkseid, so customizers can have their own versions.

I wanted to officially inform the JLU community that I will NOT allow this as this greatly cheapens the original value of these one of a kind prototypes and awesome tooling.

It lessens interest in wanting to obtain the originals, because people will just buy a $20 to $25 caste copy of a head, etc. and make their own (Example: JLU Hal Jordan) Toylines NEED to have have hard-to-find, ultra rare figures & prototypes. It's part of every great toyline and it actually helps keep people interested in collecting a toyline.

Also, there is potential damage that could happen to the figure during casting. These are two very one of a kind, official Mattel protos, and bottom line two truly unique items. (Even if it does not represent the new 2013 line) These are rare parts of history of a great & long running toyline.

The best I can do is offer the Prototypes at 600.00 each or 1000.00 buy it now. If they don't sell for the lower prices, I will just keep these beauties as part of my personal collection. I hope the community understands.

We understand yours is a real deal prototype. I am sure collectors who want the prototype would make you a offer. But don't take it out on customizers who deliver the JLU figures mattel will never make. Nobody I've seen has casted those. Except for maybe this Luthor by the E-man.

Posts: 190 | Location: United States | Registered: March 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, totally not taking it out on anyone just stating my position on the subject publicly. I'm not here to feed Trolls, but rather share news and to provide an update on where I stand.

If Stew or some other customizer wants to buy it and then sell 100 casts for $25.00 each, that is their typical process or right as the owner of these rare prototypes.

But I officially am not entertaining offers for casting these prototypes or allowing anyone to temporarily borrow/rent the figure for casting purposes.

Have these Treasures as part of your collection, or they can stay in mine. I love JLU and have been collecting since Batman TAS and know I'm not the only hunter of rare Mattel prototypes and unreleased figures.

Posts: 160 | Location: VA | Registered: December 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Graphix1971
posted Hide Post
well now that we know those proto's are from 2003 ... what will be the big reveal at SDCC? Matty Justice League said they will be announcing it there.

Posts: 1383 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of PretenderNX01
posted Hide Post
While i don't have high hopes, I would love it if they revealed a "DC Nation" line of 4-inch toys.

With a mix of Timm-verse figures, Young Justice and some of the DC shorts too.

-------------------------------------------
Tiger Rocket Cool Nerdy T-shirts

Posts: 565 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: February 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
posted Hide Post
Well Mattel did post on their news feed:

July 13 at 1 p.m. PT when we reveal which subscriptions will be available for 2013 — including one that’s never been offered before!

I pray the new subscription is an JLU animated line that includes Young Justice and Green Lantern style figures. Oh the sales and fans would explode as long as they have decent material, sculpt and offer them online via subscription with a large size figure like Annihilator as the special

Matty Member
Picture of Graphix1971
posted Hide Post
Not so innovative after all.

Posts: 1383 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of MoMoney
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graphix1971:
Not so innovative after all.

Just like Mattel said.

"Don't read too much into the word 'innovative.'"

Posts: 861 | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Graphix1971
posted Hide Post
Yeah they used that word to completely stir up hype just to give us what we already knew we'd be getting.