Home    Fan Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Specialty Forums  Hop To Forums  Off Topic & Member Connections    Anyone else in a band?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone else in a band?
 Login/Join

Matty Member
Picture of abaddon_31
posted
Hey all!

Just wondering if any other member of these forums is in a band? Do you enjoy it? Are you finding it too much of an effort? Are you successful?

I'd love to know!

======================
Tung Lashor is nearly here!
======================

Posts: 2985 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: January 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Dark-Dash
posted Hide Post
I'm so doubtful whether anyone in this forum belongs to a band or not.
People like me, for example, don't belong to a band.

"This is the ultimate power"

Posts: 1185 | Location: Malaysia | Registered: December 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of abaddon_31
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dark-Dash:
I'm so doubtful whether anyone in this forum belongs to a band or not.
People like me, for example, don't belong to a band.

Hey you never know, man! I'm in a band and I'm on these forums! Wink

======================
======================

Posts: 2985 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: January 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Moderator
Picture of the80sdrummer
posted Hide Post
I am. I've been in the same band since 1997. Some guys I went to high school with. We play all covers. Anything from the Beatles and Led Zeppelin to new rock that's out now. We typically have one gig a month at a local bar. I'm the drummer (could you tell from my screen name?) and we are pretty good. I'd say we're successful since we've been around all this time. We've had a couple bandmember turnovers. Most recently our keyboard player put his notice in. We used to play Jump by Van Halen. He had the keys down PERFECTLY! It was so much fun playing that song but since we aren't going to replace him I'll miss that song a lot. But that's just me. Anyone else?

Posts: 2553 | Registered: February 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of beastovjudgement
posted Hide Post
I have been in two bands in the past. I was the singer in both. In 1994 - 1996 while in the Navy, a few of my buddies and I had a sloppy covers band. We mostly played Motorhead, Venom, Misfits and a couple GG Allin songs. In 2002, I joined a new band. A coworker's friend was looking for someone who could do black metal vocals. It was fun at first, but I bailed on them when they turned out to be more interested in smoking weed than in practicing. Not on my watch. Now, of all people, my father is in a band; they play a lot of 1960's covers. I'd like to get back into music (playing, that is; I still listen to music all the time), but I have very little free time these days.

"Straining all, in longing. Through continents of dust. All is forgotten, and helpless. As a sun goes up in the night."
-In Solitude, "A Buried Sun"

Posts: 1559 | Location: The Great State of Massachusetts | Registered: January 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of Shanks
posted Hide Post
I'm in a band... Actually a duo. We play all original music.

I play guitar and sing and my friend plays piano. It is a pretty mellow sound.

If you want to listen, www.reverbnation.com/timidblue

Posts: 974 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: February 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of abaddon_31
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by the80sdrummer:
I am. I've been in the same band since 1997. Some guys I went to high school with. We play all covers. Anything from the Beatles and Led Zeppelin to new rock that's out now. We typically have one gig a month at a local bar. I'm the drummer (could you tell from my screen name?) and we are pretty good. I'd say we're successful since we've been around all this time. We've had a couple bandmember turnovers. Most recently our keyboard player put his notice in. We used to play Jump by Van Halen. He had the keys down PERFECTLY! It was so much fun playing that song but since we aren't going to replace him I'll miss that song a lot. But that's just me. Anyone else?

Very cool man! Since 1997??! Wow! I've been in a bunch of bands but none have lasted that long. It's hard to have any regular gigs in Melbourne Australia but you've still inspired me! A gig a month is a good aim to have! Wink

======================
======================

Matty Member
Picture of abaddon_31
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beastovjudgement:
I have been in two bands in the past. I was the singer in both. In 1994 - 1996 while in the Navy, a few of my buddies and I had a sloppy covers band. We mostly played Motorhead, Venom, Misfits and a couple GG Allin songs. In 2002, I joined a new band. A coworker's friend was looking for someone who could do black metal vocals. It was fun at first, but I bailed on them when they turned out to be more interested in smoking weed than in practicing. Not on my watch. Now, of all people, my father is in a band; they play a lot of 1960's covers. I'd like to get back into music (playing, that is; I still listen to music all the time), but I have very little free time these days.

One of my best friends is in a black metal band called Sanguinary Misanthropia. Very cool.

I'm sure you'll find the time to do it again one day. It is a commitment though! Wink

My band is hard rock with dashings of metal. Here's the Facebook link if interested:

www.facebook.com/massrejection

======================
======================

Matty Member
Picture of abaddon_31
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shanks:
I'm in a band... Actually a duo. We play all original music.

I play guitar and sing and my friend plays piano. It is a pretty mellow sound.

If you want to listen, www.reverbnation.com/timidblue

Nice man! My band need to organize a page on that site!

======================
======================

Matty Member
Picture of beastovjudgement
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by abaddon_31:
quote:

One of my best friends is in a black metal band called Sanguinary Misanthropia. Very cool.

I'm sure you'll find the time to do it again one day. It is a commitment though! Wink

My band is hard rock with dashings of metal. Here's the Facebook link if interested:

Australian black metal is awesome. There are so many great bands from that part of the world. Occasionally one will tour the US, and I always try to make it if they hit anywhere in the Northeast. I missed Vomitor a few months back in Brooklyn; I couldn't get the night off work.

"Straining all, in longing. Through continents of dust. All is forgotten, and helpless. As a sun goes up in the night."
-In Solitude, "A Buried Sun"

Posts: 1559 | Location: The Great State of Massachusetts | Registered: January 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Matty Member
Picture of abaddon_31
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by abaddon_31:
quote:

Australian black metal is awesome. There are so many great bands from that part of the world. Occasionally one will tour the US, and I always try to make it if they hit anywhere in the Northeast. I missed Vomitor a few months back in Brooklyn; I couldn't get the night off work.

Nice to hear there's interest in Australian Black Metal bands over there! I will let my friend know. Smiler

My own band isn't Black Metal but we're somewhat heavy and I'd love to play a show over there one of these days.

======================
======================